Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Just some stuff

Allison's vocabulary is rapidly expanding. She can now say Mama, Dada, Nana, shoes, Sissy, more, and (the most commonly used word) this. She points to anything and everything and says/asks/screams "THIS". She is growing up too quickly if you ask me.
.............................
Vanessa's potty training is at a virtual stand-still. She is in pull ups but treats them like diapers. She loves to sit on the potty and read or just relax, but she very, very rarely goes. She also likes to wear panties around the house but this, more often then not, turns messy quickly.
.............................
Natalie is doing really well in school. She has really blossomed over the last couple of months in her reading and writing. One of her favorite activities is getting some paper and a pencil and writing anything and everything. She has made Keep Out signs for her bedroom door, I Love You cards for all of us, and has written endless amounts of stories. I can't always read what she has written because she sounds out the word and then spells it accordingly. There are very few vowels used! But I am proud of her for trying. She is such a little smarty-pants.
............................
Speaking of my smarty-pants...last night she came out of her room with a piece of paper. The title at the top was "Kid's Day". When I asked her what this was she told me it was a holiday between Mother's Day and Father's Day. Of course. She had come up with a list of the gifts she hoped to receive on the "Best Holiday Ever". Included was an easy bake oven, a cell phone, a lap top, money, a TV, an alarm clock, and a couch. When I asked her what she needed all of these things for she informed me that she was thinking of moving to the basement! The last thing on the list, and maybe the most important, was getting her ears pierced. She really wants to do this despite my every effort to dissuade her. I'm not ready for my baby to get any holes in her head that aren't supposed to be there!
...............................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natalie reading to me over the phone the other night was priceless. I will always remember it. Nessa has too much fun to think about potty training. Forget it. Allie IS talking up a storm, but I love when she just walks around singing. I think she'll be your musical one. Even tho they all love music, she seems to feel it more. Re the ear piercing. Your Dad and I always said when you were old enough to take care of them, you could get yours done. You and I still kinda had to suprise him with the deed, tho, didn't we - :) MOM

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Day

from this site she could pick several "kid" days!

Nolie's Ramblings said...

I wanted to follow you but I cannot figure it out. I have a 4 year old and your blogs look like they will be fun to read. Hope you check mine out too, and if I can figure out how to follow you I will lol. Sounds like you have a great family! Enjoy them, kids are priceless and precious! :-)

Nolie