Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Stories of my girls......

Vanessa is really starting to talk. One of my favorite conversations is when I tell Vanessa I love her. She answers "very much". My heart aches from the sweetness of my girl.
......................
I ask Natalie how school went. She won't tell me anything until much later when things begin slipping out gradually. As we eat dinner she mentions her fear of the monkey bars at recess. As I get her out of the bath she tells me about the book the librarian read to them and the accompanying puppet show. As we pack her lunch she tells me about sharing her cookies with her fifth-grade friend on the bus on the way home. I never push her, but by the end of the evening I usually feel that I have the gist of her day.
.......................
Allison has begun chewing. Her little cheeks puff out and her two little teeth work at the food. It is one of the cutest things ever. One of the best parts of the day is sitting her in her high chair, giving her some cheerios, and just watching her eat. It is better then any TV show in history.
.......................
As much trouble as I am having with this whole "growing up" thing my kids are doing, I am doing my absolute best to enjoy those little moments that pass all too quickly. I am having fun with my girls. I miss the years that have gone by but I'm also looking forward to all the years yet to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the best attitude you can possibly have about time passing. It goes faster and faster as you get older, and each little gem of a moment that is caught in your memory, is one that will live on no matter how fast time goes. I love those 3 girls SOOO much, and they are just growing by leaps and bounds. But, I so agree with you about Nessa's sweetness, and Allie's chewing. I wish I could hear more of Nat's school stories, but I'm sure I will in time. Thanks for capturing as many memories as you can. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I am just glad that your bloggin again =) LOL.
Brie

Jaime said...

They're too sweet! Glad you're savoring every precious moment ;)

marilyn said...

Isn't momhood the greatest. Well then just think how great being a grandma is. We have the best of the best. Wonderful children and wonderful grand children. Thanks for blogging again. Check my out from time to time also. love ya Aunt M