Friday, February 5, 2010

Sad.

Last night I got some news about a friend who is going through a horribly hard time. The news wasn't good. I won't go into it too much out of respect for her privacy but I do have this to say:

GO HUG YOUR KIDS!!!!

If you are a parent your first priority should be your babies. They rely solely on you for their well being. Please take that responsibility seriously. You must protect them with EVERYTHING you have. You must put them above anything and everything else. You MUST stand up for them because they can't stand up for themselves.

Sorry this post is such a downer. That is where my thinking is right now. I'm sad and angry and confused. After my good friend called last night to tell me what what going on with our mutual friend I couldn't stop crying . I went in to check on my sleeping kids and found it very hard not to scoop them up out of their beds and snuggle them into the night. I did kiss their perfect little heads and whispered I Love Yous in their ears. My promise to them is that I will be there for them for as long as I am on this earth. I will be their biggest advocate, their biggest fan, their biggest supporter, and above all else, their biggest source of love and security. Because I am a Mom and that is my job.

2 comments:

marilyn said...

What kinda comment can be made to a blog like this. Being a mom is not easy and somedays are harder than others. Be a friend to your friend.

Sarah said...

:( I hate sad news...I hope your friend can find peace.