Thursday, November 20, 2008

Marking her territory

On Tuesday Allison had her first doctor's appointment. It was just a quick look-over and a weight check. She of course had a poopy diaper the minute we entered the examination room. I cleaned her up and then took her up to the scale. She had to be completely naked, so I just left everything off after the diaper change. When I got up to the room where they weigh the babies there was already a little girl on the scale. She wasn't exactly cooperating and it was taking a few minutes. The nurse apologized for the wait and I said something to the effect of, "it's fine, but she will probably poop on me". The words had barely left my mouth when I began to feel warm wetness in my hand. I held her out in front of me and announced to everyone listening that she was peeing in my hand. It was a good long pee (actually kind of reassuring since I was having questions about the amount of milk she was getting at the time). I have to say, it was hilarious. The nurse was impressed that she seemed to potty on que! I cleaned up while they wiped up the floor and then we weighed her...7 pounds, 1 ounce. She looked healthy and we go in next week for another weight check. Maybe next time I won't get wet!

..............................
I will close with some cute pics of my girls. First, here are my two oldest cuddling in bed and watching Dragon Tales.
And here is Allison doing what she does...just laying around being cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is just toooo cute =). As are Natalie and Vanessa! Anywho...I gotta go chase down Hailey and get her diaper back on her!
Brie

Unknown said...

(Still me...Andie...not bothering to sign in as myself! ;))
I'm so sorry that according to your twitter feed you've had a rough day. I KNOW how it feels! I had a very bad weekend last week when Warren was out of town. I just wanted to get into my car and drive away. Can't exactly do that and have a family to come home to! Anyway, I'm sorry...I can feel your pain. These days are wonderful, but yet can be SO HARD. If I were closer I would so come help you out! Try to get some rest...I know, easier said than done.
I won't hurt the older ones to sit and watch a video...if it gives you a bit of a break. Also, it won't hurt Allie to cry a little. If you are just "DONE" just lay her down in her bassinet (she'll be safe) and shut yourself in the bathroom for a good cry. You'll feel a little better in 5-10 minutes, and maybe Allie will be asleep.
Praying for you...
Andie

Anonymous said...

I didn't expect to see you and the girls last night I just expected to see pictures and your mom didn't let us down- she had them. We enjoyed the pics. hope to see you over THanksgiving but I know everyone will be sooooooooobusy being thankful. Relax (it can be done). It will be so nice when the two oldest ones are at school. They will be having a great time and so will you and Alli. Take every moment and enjoy. Love ya Aunt Marilyn