Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My kids...in all their glory!

Natalie and I talked a lot about the election on Tuesday. She wanted to know who I was voting for and I told her Barack Obama. She thought that was great and was very supportive of my decision. Later in the day we saw one of those commercials that end with "I'm Barack Obama and I approved this message". She perked up and said, "HEY!! That's who we want!" So later on we were again talking about going to vote and I excitedly asked her who we wanted to win. Her answer...."THE JAYHAWKS!!!" Yeah, I've got her pretty good and brainwashed, huh?

......................................................

I took Natalie to vote with me and even let her push most of the touchscreen buttons. For one office she accidentally pushed the wrong button. I immediately pushed the right one and we went on. When we left the building we discussed how well she did and how proud I was of her. She said that she liked it but was upset that she pushed one wrong button.

"Who did I vote for Mom?"

"You voted for a republican."

"And you would NEVER vote for a republican, right?"

ummmmmm....."Well, we should never say never."

..........................................................

Vanessa just brought me the bottle of red wine vinegar and her sippy cup. She was NOT happy with me when I wouldn't just give her a fill-up.

.........................................................

Natalie was playing outside today and found a dead worm. I told her that it certainly didn't belong inside. She declared that it was too cold outside for it. I told her to bury it under some leaves and that would protect it and keep it warm.

"But it's my pet."

"Ok, but it's dead."

"It is my gentle, dead pet."

.........................................................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those girls just keep me laughing. I'm still smiling thinking about when I was on the phone with you last night, and I heard Natalie in the background. "Is that Nana? Can I talk to her, 'cuz I know she would love to talk to me." And, of course I would and did.
Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Haha how funny. Ya...Hailey has found our bottle of red wine vinigar...lol hasn't asked for a fill up though...Hope you're getting to rest these last few days before Allison comes..
Brie

Sarah said...

Your girls crack me up. I love kids they keep us young.