Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Comeback Tour 2010

So, where did I leave off?



It has been awhile since I last posted on my blog. That doesn't mean I haven't thought about it. I have. Endlessly. Things would happen and I would WANT to run to my computer and document it for posterity. But as we all know, wanting to do something and actually doing it are two totally different things. Was it a lack of time? A lack of inspiration? A lack of determination? Or was it the fact that I have three kids, a job, a husband, two dogs, and a house to keep up? My brain is always in go mode and when I have some down time I like to do things that don't require much in the way of brain-usage. I am really good at those things. I could go to the Olympics in those things.



But enough of the excuses! Time to move on and reclaim my little spot on the Internet. And this time I will keep it up. Or at least try....

................................................

So much has happened in the last five months. For one, I turned 30. The big 3-0. I was expecting it to be a hard birthday to get through. I didn't particularly want to leave my roaring twenties, it was a great decade. I was expecting to have one of those "what have I done with my life?" moments. There wasn't one of those moments, probably because I looked around me and saw three of the most wonderful things I could have done EVER running around, screaming, laughing, and living a happy, healthy, fun life. My kids are accomplishment enough. They annoy me and aggravate me and drive me completely insane. They also make me happy, and proud, and have brought more love to my life then I ever thought possible.
My birthday came and went and I was 30 and ok with it. But then three days later my baby turned one. That hurt. It hurt bad. Allison will be our last baby if all goes according to plan (and it better). It has been harder to accept her growing up then it was with the first two because I know I will never go through these years again. I will never again experience all the "firsts" that come in that busy year from birth to birthday. And that makes me a little sad. Not sad enough to have another baby, but sad just the same. We had a little birthday party here at the house, just family and close friends. She loved it. Especially her first taste of cake and ICING...oh, the icing. She was still licking it off of her hands as I attempted to wash it off in the bathtub. She loved the presents, the singing, all the people there to celebrate her! How could I be sad when she was so obviously on cloud nine?
As if all that were not enough to make me feel old, Natalie had the nerve to turn 6 in December. I can't believe I am the mother of a six-year-old. A kindergartner. A big, independent, smart, funny, wonderful six-year-old with a mind of her own. It just boggles my mind. She comes home from school full of new information she can't wait to share with us. Last night it was a song about the months of the year. She did great except with those middle months when she got a little confused. I tried to tell her Aprilvember was not actually a month, but what do I know? It has been a while since I've been in school....

So the gist of this rambling post is we are doing well. Great, really. I'm glad to be back writing about the things that matter the most to me. Now I've just got to keep up with it. As the little train said, I think I can, I think I can....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK! I'm so glad you blogged again, and you know I'll be nagging for you to keep it up. Did your Aunt Marilyn inspire you enough to do this? I told her I was hoping so. I guess the next post will have to be about my Nessie. Us middle children are often ignored. :o). But, we are usually the best ones, so that's allright. When your Uncles and Aunt read this, they will probably disagree with that last statement, but they know......haha. Again - So glad to see this blog. Love, Mom

Loni said...

There will be more Nessa next post, I'm sure. You know I have more than enough stories to write about her!

Anonymous said...

Thank God you are back (to stay I hope). Now I will have one more blog to read in the morning and yours are always entertaining Loni. Someday your kids will read these blogs with amusement and maybe a little bit of embaressment but with lots of enjoyment. janet

Anonymous said...

thank you. You know don't you that you mother is the most spoiled child,next to Greg, in our family STILL. God love her. love ya marilyn

Anonymous said...

oh i have missed reading what you write! i am so glad you started again =) carisa