Thursday, August 9, 2007

An add-on to the last post

Just for clarification on my last post with my crazy, ranting analogy....


We do have a flower and veggie garden in the backyard (and some in the front too!). While weeding it is not my favorite thing to do, I take great pride in the finished result. It is something our whole family created and we all do our part to take care of it (Nat pretty much just picks the tomatoes and peppers). I love sitting out back in the evening and watching the butterflies land on the lillies and the toad that resides in my iris bed hop around. When we have people over, I love taking the extra effort to make everything look just right! And there is nothing prettier then the rain drops on the roses (hey, isn't that a song?!?).

Anyway, now that I am going way, way off topic I will end this! I am SO SO SO tired. It stormed like crazy last night. Our dog Axel freaks out if it thunders so I was up with him, the electricity went out for a while, the street and basement flooded, and then when it was almost all over and time for me to go back to bed, Vanessa decided she was hungry and not tired at all! In all I was up from about 1am to 4am. And Nat got up around 7. AAAHHHHH!!!! Calgon, take me away! At least it cooled things down for a while. But I still would have rather slept!!!!

1 comments:

Andie said...

Loni...I have those Calgon moments all too frequently. If you notice the time stamp, it's now 5:20 in the morning, and I've been up since about 3. I just can't sleep. Everyone else is sleeping peacefully, and I know that as soon as I go crawl in bed, the alarm will sound and it will be time to start another day. A momma without sleep is not a happy, patient, understanding momma!
I'm sorry your basement flooded. I hope it didn't cause a huge problem. Our cat hates storms as well...at the first crack of thunder he runs to the closet (well, scoots is a better term, on his belly, ears flat...poor thing is terrified!). At least you got some rain. It's so hot here (hights at least 101 for the next WEEK) and it hasn't rained in I don't know how long. Again, it's 5 in the morning and hubby has the sprinklers going, trying to give our thirsty lawn a drink.
Yea for you on the garden. I have a black thumb. I can't keep houseplants alive. I usually try to plant some flowers in pots in the spring, but this year it just didn't get done. I'm planning on getting some mums when it cools down a bit and putting them in my "dead" flower box on my porch. It looks so pitiful. Hopefully we'll get something done, and more in the spring. Our yard is tiny, so there is no room for a veggie garden. Someday, when the kiddos outgrow their swingset, we can use that part of the yard for a garden, but for now, swinging takes priority!
Well lady, I'm going to try to get some sleep! Nighty night!
Andie