Thursday, December 6, 2007

Oh, Christmas Tree

The tree is up, it is decorated, and there are already a whole bunch of shiny presents underneath. Our house truly feels like Christmas now. Every time I walk into the hallway I go by the tree and that smell makes me downright giddy. I just love it! I got a great new tree skirt yesterday for 2 dollars at a little store on Lincoln between Main and Broadway called Funky Junk. I was so excited to find it...it was a little sad how excited I really was. Is my life really that boring that a tree skirt would fill me with glee?

Anyway, I was worried about the girls playing with the tree constantly, and I was right! But it's not that bad. Natalie likes the ornaments a lot, but I put all the glass ones and special ones up top. The top of the tree is packed with stuff. There is not so much at the bottom though. Vanessa really like crawling up and grabbing the low branches and rubbing the wrapping paper. I just move her back each time. I figure it gives her some crawling practice going to the tree time and time again after I move her back.Here is a picture of our beautiful tree. It is in night view so that is why it looks so streaky.

This is Natalie and Vanessa's tree. All the ornaments are safe and can be played with. It is just not fair to put up a tree full of small toys and then tell a three-year-old they cannot touch it. So I give her her own tree. Here are Larry and Natalie hanging an ornament. I just love watching them together. As much as a mommies girl as she is, she still loves her daddy. And of course he just adores her!Merry Christmas in 19 days!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love all of your pictures! Your so festive. One of these years we should have a big Christmas party. That would be so fun.
My folks, yours, my sister, maybe the Doreys. just festive Christmas fun. I don't know what we would do with all the kids, but that detail we would have to work out. ;)

Sarah said...

Yeah we do need to get together more! Maybe when all this holiday busy busy rush rush gets done!

Have a great weekend.