Monday, February 16, 2009

A happy little update.

I feel like all I talk about lately are my kids and their various states of sick. So to break up that monotony here is something about a kid that has nothing to do with snot, vomit, coughing, medicines, or lack of sleep!

Allison rolled over today!!! I had just changed the little squirts diaper and she was happily cooing on the floor. I let her hang out down there for a while because who am I to disturb a baby when she is happy? I was attending to the never-ending needs of my other two children when I looked down and there was Allie on her tummy. It took me a moment to process the fact that when I last saw her she was on her back and now she definitely was not. She turned towards me and lifted her head up as far as she could and gave me the biggest, cheesiest grin ever. You could tell how proud she was of this new found talent. The big girls and I got down beside Allie and went on and on about how big of a girl she was now and how cool her new trick was. She just grinned and grinned.

And now for the baby book that I keep swearing that I will update: Allison rolled from back to front on 2-16-09, two days after her three month birthday and in the middle of a nasty case of RSV.

I really don't think I'm ready for my baby to be hitting these big milestones quite yet. Stay small Allie Cat. Don't grow up too quick on me!

1 comments:

Lacey Kohl Photography said...

ahh...good for her...the ydo grow way too fast! i can't believe my last baby is one already! no problem on a photoshoot! I am back several times through the year. Maybe sometime is june or july. it would be an honor to get a chance to photograph a life long friend's children! :)