Thursday, February 26, 2009

Now what do I have to talk about?

I have had today's blog topic planned out since last Friday when Natalie's friend Hannah and her mother Antonia invited us over for a play date. I thought that for sure an extended outing to an unfamiliar house with all three of my girls would provide more than enough fodder for a nice long post. I thought it had the potential to elicit laughter or sympathy or maybe a bit of both. So, here it is.....

Everything went well. The end.

Exciting, huh?

I guess I should be very happy with the way the play date went. The girls were on their best behavior. Natalie was respectful and polite. They had a great time playing Barbies and Polly Pockets and dress up and the only problem I ever witnessed was when Hannah didn't really want to give Natalie a turn on her bike. Completely understandable. Natalie didn't yell or cry, she just asked Antonia if maybe she could help her get a turn. Vanessa had a great time playing in the living room while the two older girls ran around the house. She wanted to follow them but listened to me when I said I didn't want her going up and down the stairs. She did take a face-plant in the backyard, but was fine. She cried a little and then shunned my offering of comfort, instead going to Antonia and having her kiss her owie all better. I guess even kisses feel better when presented with an English accent (they are from London originally). Allison slept.

We left with many promises to the girls to do it again soon and lots of waves and yells goodbye out the window. All in all it was entirely successful. Just not very entertaining to read about!

1 comments:

Loni said...

My Mom said this post makes it sound like I didn't have much fun. I want to clarify....I had a WONDERFUL time. Antonia and I had a great time talking and laughing and watching our girls be silly. I am definately looking forward to our next get together!