Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back to the land of the living

The girls are feeling better. Natalie went to school today, although unwillingly. Vanessa is back to her mischievous ways. I just found her hiding behind my bed pulling ever wipe out of a brand new box and filling her Easter basket with them. She also has bright pink chapstick all over her face and hands (THANKS NANA!!). I feel better too. My throat still hurts, but as a Mom I pretty much have to ignore it and go on with things. No one seems to care when Mama is sick.


Allison is growing like a weed. She is such a chubby little angel baby. I look at her in wonder, just admiring her cuteness all the time. I seriously have three of the cutest girls ever. But I might be a bit biased! While I am admiring the growth of my littlest baby, I am also actively discouraging her growing up! I haven't started cereal yet, even though I know she would be fine with it. In reality, I will probably start it tonight or tomorrow. I don't have any excuses anymore. She isn't sick and we are in a holding pattern with her reflux problems. So no matter how not ready I am I have got to bite the bullet and give her some rice! And then there is the bigger problem....the moving. Allie has been very interested in moving lately. She has been rolling for a while, but now she is rolling with a purpose. She sees something across the room and she is off and rolling to get it. It is amazing how fast she can get from place to place. Her other method of movement is scooting, which I am really, really, really not ready for. She lays on her tummy and uses her legs to scoot forward. It makes me nervous. Not only because she often falls flat on her face, but also because it means she will be crawling before I know it. I am not ready for three mobile children. Most days I'm not ready for one kid who can move let alone three. But she is growing whether I like it or not. I guess that's what kids do.
I guess I had better go difuse the argument brewing in my bedroom. Vanessa has apparently planted herself in front of the TV that Natalie is playing her game on and a violent and loud standoff is ensuing. Time for the big, bad bosswoman to step in!

0 comments: