Monday, April 13, 2009

Grumble, grumble, groan....

We are going on a week and a half of being sick in this house. Allie had it. Larry had it. Nat and Nessa still have it. And joy of joys, now I feel like crap.
This "mono-like virus" is a big ball of fun, let me tell you. Both older girls have suffered through sore throats, runny noses, upset tummies, and up to 105 degree fevers. Their tiny bodies have ached, their little heads have throbbed. There have been times all they could manage to do was alternate sleeping and crying. Nat would pace back and forth crying, "I don't know what to do!!!" It has been miserable.
So that kind of tells you about our Easter. We made it as fun as we could for the girls. On Saturday we dyed and decorated eggs which was fun for them. On Sunday morning we woke up and the Easter bunny had been there. He had filled their baskets and hid all the Easter eggs. The girls found a few eggs but were really too exhausted to look much. Mainly I found them and they smiled weakly. We missed the big family get-togethers, which I was pretty bummed about. The girls would have had so much fun. I was kind of relieved it rained all day. It made it more bearable to stay home all day.
So now our main objective is to get all of us healthy again. Nat missed the entire week of school last week and the plan is for her to go back on Wednesday when Easter break is over. I hope she can. I wish I could call in sick today. When do stay-at-home-Moms get to do that?!?! Thank God for my Mom who is coming over later to risk the army of germs holding our house hostage and help me out (maybe let me take a nap....hint, hint :-)). Have a good day and stay well. Off to dose my kids with more medicine!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I HATE HATE HATE it when everyone is sick. And on a holiday..ugggg. I sure hope you guys get better soon.

Liz said...

i hope you guys start feeling better soon! i know what you mean about the call in sick thing. i love you guys!