Tuesday, May 5, 2009

All in the name of getting my kids to eat.

Natalie is one of the pickiest people I know. Everything drives her insane. The little bumps on her socks where they are seemed at the toes makes her cry in agony. A twist in her seat belt has her screeching and screaming. And then there are mealtimes. She has a select variety of foods she will ingest willingly and trying something new requires me to go to drastic measures to make it fun and exciting. And even then she will moan and pout about how she knows she won't like it because it's GROSS!!!!
One of the tools I use to get her to eat is a theme meal. I make something new and create other dishes that go along with it. It makes it an event rather than an ambush (because that is how she views my attempts to get her to eat). Since the girls seem to like these fun mealtimes I use them quite often, new foods included or not. Today's lunch theme was "Orange you glad your mama feeds you?". All the foods were orange, or a variation of it. They ate bagel bites, mandarin oranges, carrot sticks, goldfish crackers, and fruit punch. They ate happily and I was satisfied they were eating something at least a little healthier than candy or Happy Meals. Score one for me!

3 comments:

Lacey Kohl Photography said...

you aer so funny..we should trade ideas sometime. cuz, ithought kyndal wasthe pickiest eater in the world...meat is gross!!

Sarah said...

NO Taylor is the pickiest eater by far!!! I have you girls beat.. she eats NOTHING.

Liz said...

dang you're good! lol