Thursday, May 21, 2009

Many tears.

My baby graduated from Pre-K yesterday and I'm still crying. I started yesterday morning in the van after I dropped her off for her last day/dress rehearsal. I thought I was done until a couple of minutes ago when I was reading another woman's blog about HER daughter graduating preschool and well she was doing with it. I thought "good for her" as more tears leaked from my eyes. I cried when Natalie was sad she wasn't going to see her teacher or her friends any more. I cried when that made me realize that I wasn't going to be seeing any of the parents that I had come to know and like throughout the year. I even cried when she was upset they didn't have a snack on the last day due to getting out early for the graduation ceremony.
I have obviously kept most of this crying away from Natalie. I don't want her to be upset about something that should only be fun and exciting. She couldn't even begin to understand if I explained to her that I was mourning the passing of a big stage in her life and that I was not ready to accept the next stage she is moving towards. Full day Kindergarten scares the crap out of me and August seems much too soon to be sending my little girl out into the world without being by her side the majority of the time. I realize that after a while it will get easier and I will more than likely come to look forward to the breaks it will give me. Right now all I see is my baby girl growing up and I am not accepting it well.

0 comments: