Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Baby News

I think I am broken.
For some reason my cervix just won't cooperate. I dilate just fine (I am currently at a three). This baby girl is so low it still surprises the nurse and doctor every week when they find her way down there. Everything is a go...except that my cervix just stays very long. Same thing happened with my first two kids and I was eventually induced with both of them. I was hoping to go naturally this time. That is not looking very realistic at this time. So the plan has changed a little bit. Next Tuesday (my birthday) I will have my membranes stripped to see if that gets anything going. If not we hope that it will at least make the induction we are scheduling for FRIDAY THE 14TH easier. With Vanessa I had to go through two rounds of cervadil before my body finally decided to let her out. Hopefully this time I will skip that part and go right to the pitocin. But I am firm in my determination to go with the flow and be content with however it happens.
So it looks like this will be our last babyless weekend. We don't have any big plans as of right now. Just waiting to meet little Allison. I am so not ready in so many ways. I need to get her clothes all sorted and put in drawers. I need to figure out exactly where we are going to be putting the bassinet. I still have to pack the rest of my hospital bag. Yeah, I have a lot to do. But I did get the infant car seat back out of the closet in the basement and with my mom's help it is all cleaned up. I have a stock of newborn and size one diapers sitting and waiting to collect all those tiny baby poops and pees. I bought a baby book for her and have every intention of beginning to fill it out...sometime. I'm sure it will all come together. I am so much less stressed about being "ready" then I was with either Natalie or Vanessa. It's not like we can't bring her home until all the cloth diapers are bleached and folded. Everything will be fine, even if we still are getting ready after she is already here.
I will end with this message: GO VOTE!!!! If you vote you are helping to make the decision. If you don't you are putting it solely in the hands of others. I am going this afternoon to cast my vote for Barack Obama!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm baby excited!!!! Your Dad and I will take care of one of the nights of your last 'babyless' weekend. Can Nat and Nessa spend the night with us on Friday?
I V O T E D! ! ! ! ! And, of course it was for Obama. I'm sure here in the middle of Kansas, it has been more than neutrilized, but I still did my part to help the over all popular vote. I'll be over right after work to watch the girls so you can go do your civic duty. (At least no one can tell us we can't bitch 'cuz we didn't vote.) Love, MOM

Sarah said...

Go Obama!!!!!!!! Wow I can't believe it is almost time! It sure flys when you are having fun.. Fun?? ha ha. I hope it is fast and painless.

Anonymous said...

I voted this morning...for the first time actually... Don't worry about not being ready lol Ryan is 7 and Hailey is almost two (my baby is getting too big =( )... and I am still not ready..You'll be fine...and it will be fun...I can't wait for pictures for my new niece =)... I have ryan's school picture for you by the way...
Brie

Liz said...

WOw...its getting so close!!! Come on out and meet everyone Allison!
I voted today! Obama all the way!!!

Andie said...

I can't wait to see little Allison! Sorry, haven't gotten too far with the sling. When we went out shopping on Saturday, my shopping list litterally went OUT THE WINDOW! We stopped at a stop light and a breeze came through (the weather was BEAUTIFUL and both front windows were open) and left with my shopping list! I couldn't remember everything on my list (I even forgot milk!). When I got home and saw the pink/black flowers on the back of my couch I just hit myself and said "DUH!" Sorry...I'll try to get it soon! Oh, and by the way...get induced on Friday the 14th, but LATE! So you can have little Allison on Andrew's b-day!! :o) He would think that is SO COOL!! ;o)
BTW, I voted, but I won't tell you how I voted. I'm glad you are happy....
Love ya-Andie

Unknown said...

No baby has ever been in there forever! I hate the last of the waiting too. Every day seems like an eternity.