Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What's up?

So, it's my birthday. I am officially 29. Yeah.
Onto other news....good baby news!!! We will meet our baby girl by the end of the week. I had my membrane's stripped today (nice b-day present, huh?) and other than being a little crampy I am good. I was very nervous. People were telling me how awful it was going to be, but it wasn't that bad. It helped that I was already dilated quite a bit. My doctor said the membranes around the baby were pretty thin and my water might break. If so I am off to the hospital to have myself a baby! If not, then on Friday I check into the hospital at 7am to be "helped along". Either way we will have a baby by the weekend. Crazy. This pregnancy seemed to take for-ev-er, but now we are almost done. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!
I can't wait to see what Allison looks like. Will she look just like me? Or just like Larry? Or a good combination of both like Natalie and Vanessa? I can't wait to hear her first scream. Or change her first little diaper. Or sing her her first lullaby. Or just hold her and kiss on her little head until she gets sick of it. Yeah, I'm pretty excited. There are things I am NOT excited about, of course. The newborn stage is very intense without a lot of sleep. But, hey, I've been through it twice before and survived. It will pass so quickly and all of a sudden I will have three little girls running around the house, talking and screaming and arguing and laughing and hugging and being my girls.
Well, I am off to get us all ready to go out to lunch and then spend the day hanging out and having fun. I will post again soon...maybe with cute little baby pictures!

4 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

Awwww happy happy birthday to you, and happy almost birthday to Allison!

Have a great one...both!

Anonymous said...

Awww...yay! I really hope I get preggo soon lol.. I love having new little babies around...I will test around 12/1. Have fun just kicking back a relaxing until Allison's big arrival!
Brie

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday. I can't wait to meet little Allison.

Andie said...

Happy Birthday!!! I can't wait to see little Allison's face!!!
BTW...I put the sling in the mail yesterday, they said it should arrive on Wednesday! I hope you get it before she arrives!
I will be praying for you this week, sweetie!!!
Blessings-Andie