Thursday, November 1, 2007

"Oh. My. Goodness. It's a marshmallow eye-bulb!!!"

Is Halloween really over? Is time really going by that fast?

We had a nice Halloween night, but both girls were a little sniffly and sneezy. So I wasn't all that surprised when Natalie woke up at about 11 last night with a full blown cold. I was up with her until 2 when Vanessa woke up hungry. All together I think I got about 3 or 4 hours of sleep. I am a tired girl today. We all are.

As usual, Natalie cleaned up in the candy department. The neighbors around here are so sweet to her. There is a couple down the street that wait for her every year. This year the husband is so sick that he can't even get out of bed, but they had a special bag of candy waiting just for her. Then we went the other way to the couple who just absolutely love my kids. All of their grandkids live in other states, so they kind of adopted my girls! They have fish ponds in their backyard and a couple of cute cats, so Natalie LOVES going there. The porch light was off, but Nat insisted that we were going to try anyway. We got there and she was waiting outside for us with a TON of candy, a stuffed bear for Nat and an "I love my big sister" bib for Vanessa. Too nice! As we were walking home Natalie told her daddy and I, "Everybody loves me. They think I look pretty and they like to give me candy." Yes, baby girl, everybody does love you because you are the sweetest little thing ever!!!!! She has such good manners. She told everyone Happy Halloween and thank you. We only went to maybe 7 houses on the block (nobody else was home) and she came home with two pumpkins full of stuff. We are stocked up on candy for a while! The hit of the night for Nat was a marshmallow "eye-bulb" (her cute pronunciation). The joy in her voice when she found it in her mountain of candy was immeasurable. It made my heart happy to hear how excited she was. It really is the little things in life!

Hopefully everyone else's Halloween was as fun as ours. Without the colds!
Now, on to Thanksgiving!!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Your babies looked so cute! It sure is fun to Trick or Treat again! Oh have I missed it. LOL.