Friday, November 30, 2007

Vanessa's Accomplishments

My baby is growing up. She is still pretty petite, but I don't think that will last too long as much as she has been eating lately. I call her my tiny hungry hungry hippo. She gets so mad when the food is gone and she is still opening that little baby bird mouth for more. The only food I have found that she doesn't like is peas. I'm not sure if it is because of the taste or the texture. They are thicker then the other baby foods, so that may be it. Other than that, she loves it all, but especially fruit!
She has been sitting unassisted for about a month and has been going from laying to sitting for a couple of weeks. She has also been moving around for a month or two. It went from rolling wherever she wanted to go to the "army crawl" where she just kind of pulls herself around. For a couple weeks she would get up on her hands and knees and rock. Yesterday she began "real" crawling. She gets up and goes. It is a little awkward looking still, but she manages to go where she wants...usually just where I DON'T want her to go!
With all these big milestones being met lately it has been a bit of a whirlwind of babydom. But I was ok with it all. Until she crawled yesterday. It was like it all hit me. My littlest baby is not such a little baby anymore. Soon she will be walking and talking and being a toddler. I am so not ready for that. I am not ready to let go of the infant label. I know she will still be a baby for awhile, but now I know just how fast it goes. Natalie will be 4 in about 30 days. Seriously? 4? I can't believe it. I refuse to believe it. I love my girls so much. They are the absolute greatest things that have ever happened to me. They can drive me so crazy, but I still love them like no other. They are my babies, no matter how old they get!

***I forgot when I wrote this earlier that my baby girl is also pulling herself up to stand. I was reminded this morning when I got to the point in making their breakfasts when I couldn't hold Vanessa anymore. I went and put her in her crib so I wouldn't have to worry about where she was for a few minutes. She was less than happy with me. I went back in to get her and she was standing there looking at me all proud like. She was doing what I refer to as the "baby smirk". I think she gets that from her dad!

2 comments:

Andie said...

WOW!!! Boy are they getting BIG!! I can't believe Nat is almost 4! I get teary eyed when I think how big mine are getting! 7 1/2, 6, and 3 1/2...my BABIES!!!
Christmas Blessings my dear cousin-
Andie

Anonymous said...

I could not resist commenting. Well written!



Feel free to surf to my web-site free online games kitten cannon