Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A wonderful way to end every day

For the past couple of weeks, after we have read our 4 books and turned off the light, I have laid down with Natalie in her bed and we have had this conversation:

"Do you know how much I love you momma?"

"How much?"

"All the way up to the moon."

"Wow! That's a lot. Do you know how much I love you?"

"How much?"

"All the way to the farthest stars."

"Wow! That's a lot too. I love you so, so much."

"Me too baby."

I have to tell you, it is such a nice way to end our days. No matter how hectic the day was or how many times we got angry with each other, we are reminded at bedtime that we really do love each other so, so much. The first time Natalie said this I admit at least one tear escaped as we lay there. It was so sweet that my little girl wanted to express to me how much she really cared. I need to remember to do that more for everyone in my life...just so they know.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is so beautiful Loni! You are a lucky mommy. I can't wait till my baby can tell me with words. Her eyes will tell me for now.

Have a great week.

Andie said...

That is so sweet!!!

Did you get to go to the anniversary dinner for gma & gpa last night?? If you did, can you tell me all about it!??? I wish I could have been there.

Love ya-Andie

Anonymous said...

Just so you know....I'm crying now

Love Amanda