Wednesday, June 25, 2008



I stole this directly from my cousin Andie (thanks!). I have used hers for inspiration more then once. And I hope writing it down will help me stick to my new, improved dinner schedule for the family. I am sick of freaking out about what to have for dinner at 5 o'clock each night. I am determined to plan relatively healthy, kid friendly complete meals for the week and then actually cook!!!

Oh, and yes, I realize it is Wednesday. I am behind on this post, but I have stayed on top of the cooking so far!

Sunday: we had chicken and cheese enchiladas (minus the sauce for Natalie), fiesta corn, and apple/plum/grape fruit salad

Monday: had dinner out with Mom

Tuesday: we had pizza burgers (which both kids ate and liked...it's a miracle!), creamy Italian pasta salad, and watermelon chunks

Wednesday: we will have crispy ranch chicken tenders, green beans, rolls, and mandarin oranges

Thursday: we will have taco cups (biscuits with taco fillings inside), raw veggies with dip, and apple slices

Friday: left over night! everyone will pick what they want

Saturday: hopefully Larry will grill out and I make some kind of potato and veggie. And of course fruit.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your menu Loni. I can totally relate to not knowing what to have everyday. It gets old and for some reason I can only think of about 3 or 4 meals then repeat.
I am going to copy some of your ideas.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here waiting for lunch, and now I'm starving. Everything you list sounds SO good. I think you've been doing a wonderful job of planning and cooking meals, so I hope you can keep it up. It's hard, but I know you've found that good planning and shopping makes it easier. Good luck!! MOM

Andie said...

I'm really good at planning, not so much the actual cooking. I think I only made one or two of the meals on my menu last week. This week we're getting ready for our big trip to ND next week, so it's clean out the fridge time...not much cooking!! Oh well, maybe when we get home! :o) Good luck, can I come over for dinner?

Blessings-Andie

Andie said...

I forgot to mention...go to the link on the picture and you can see HUNDREDS of other people's menu for great ideas! A bunch of them even have links to their recipes... :o)

Anonymous said...

What is a pizza burger? It all sounds good...I live with 3 very picky people!!!
Brie