Monday, August 20, 2007

The countdown is on!!

In exactly one week from today Natalie starts "school"! The reality is setting in for mommy. It's not even real school...it's a "mom's day out" program at a church here in town. She goes one day a week for four hours. They read a book, play a game, do an art activity, play outside, have lunch, etc.. Sounds like preschool to me!! I just wasn't quite sure either of us were ready for a three day a week preschool program and this is a wonderful way to ease into it. My cousin works there so I will have someone I trust completely close to my baby girl. I'm still a nervous wreck, and it's still a week away.
We are about ready I think. We bought all the school "supplies" she needs and we go Wednesday to get her lunch box and stuff for her to take for lunch. I'm kind of worried because she is such a picky eater and there is not much she likes that is appropriate to send in a school lunch. I guess I will send sandwiches and stuff and if she doesn't eat it oh well. She won't starve!! She is also getting her hair cut on Wednesday at Cindy's salon. She loves going there and is more excited about that then actual school!
I think she is going to like it so much. She is such a social butterfly (more on that later). We drive by the church every chance we get and she has seen the playground. She has given it the thumbs up, and isn't that what really matters!

I am going to go play with Nat now. We are being Bob the Builders and can we build it? YES WE CAN!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are looking forward to having her! I'll sneak upstairs and see how she is doing and I can watch her on the playground. I'll let her teacher know she is one of mine.(so she will get special treatment;) Asa is in 2nd grade still dosn't eat real "lunch" food I will send a cheese stick or yogurt, applesauce or peaches ,pretzles or crackers and a muffin or "Little Debbie" of somekind. And that is his lunch I figure it is fairly healthy and the most important part he will eat it. Oh my girls would not eat much at CDO so I would have them put what they did not eat back, and then they would eat it on the way home. Some teachers just throw whats left away. so you might ask what her policy is. Looking forward to Monday- Wait looking forward to work? I'm not sure, seeing you too yes! Michelle

Andie said...

Picky eater??? NOOO!!! Wonder where she picked that up???
;-)
I remember at family gatherings your mom begging you to eat just a few bites!! :-)
I don't think I ever had that trouble...I always have eaten just about everything, now my children are different...are you sure they aren't yours??? :-)
Andie