Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm better today

So, Wednesday was a shitty day. A horrible, rotten, no-good day. A cry-in-front-of-your-mother-in-law day. Yes, you read correctly. I cried in front of Larry's mom. I meant to laugh, but sobs came out instead. I was so embarrassed! Luckily I have a GREAT mother-in-law. I love her so much. She was so nice and offered to take Natalie for a while so maybe I could relax a little. I didn't take her up on the offer though, I just thought we should work through it. Not such a smart idea. I just have to remember Natalie is 3 and adjusting to a new sister and less individual attention from mom. She is such a great kid. I love her to pieces, we just didn't get along too well on Wednesday. Since then I have been really making an effort to make one-on-one time for the two of us. We were going to go to lunch together today while my mom watched Vanessa. We have been talking about it for two days now and I was super excited. So this morning I asked her where she wanted to go and she said, "Nana will watch Nessa and me and you can go your own way." I asked if instead she wanted all of us to go to lunch and she said yes. So we all went and she had a great time.
She really has been a lot better the last couple days. I think we both just needed to get some frustration and sadness off of our shoulders. We got it all out and now we are ok again. I can't tell you how many times she has said she loves me lately and of course I say it back to her double. She is the light of my life and I cannot imagine one day without her. Ok, one day maybe, if she was with people I trusted and I knew she was having fun!!
So, after lunch today we headed to the mall. I had to pick up some pictures from JC's and Penney's (what Nat calls it), and since she was so good yesterday I promised her she could ride the little cars they have by the food court. She rode all four that they have AND we had ice cream from Dairy Queen. You would think she would want to be good all the time since she is so spoiled rotten when she does behave. When we were at Penney's mom bought Nat her first pair of school shoes...is she really that old already? They are the cutest little pair of white, pink, and silver Nikes! She looks like such a big girl wearing them. She also got a pair of dressier brown shoes and a pair of sparkly "fancy" blue shoes. Yes, her Nana spoils her!!! She has more shoes then I do!
I just wanted to update since the last thing I put on here was how bad my mood was! Life is better and I am really trying to remember to take one day at a time. Just because today is bad doesn't mean tomorrow will be. And just because today is good, doesn't mean you should take tomorrow for granted. How philosophical of me! I have to go wake Nat up now and enjoy my girls!!!!

ps. still trying to get the pictures on the computer. as soon as I do I will post some. you wouldn't believe how much Ness has changed in such a short period of time!

1 comments:

Andie said...

We all have those days!!! Yesterday Andrew was teasing his sisters ALL DAY! He would not lay off them. No matter how many time-outs or time in his room he had. It was so bad, so annoying. I love my son, but I didn't like him a whole lot yesterday! Today is a new day...and so far a better one!
Blessings-Andie