Monday, August 27, 2007

Today is the big day!!!

Natalie is officially at school! Oh my god, when did she get so big?!?!? Larry and I took her at 9:30 this morning. I expected a bit of clinginess, but no. Not so much as one tear! Of course, that makes me happy that she was so ready and excited, but it also made me a little sad. How selfish of me! She looked so cute with her giant Tinkerbell backpack, new shoes, and big girl haircut. We walked into her classroom and she saw the toys and kids and she was gone. We had to get her to meet her teacher (Miss Katie) and put her backpack away. I asked some questions, which were all answered just the way I would have wanted them to be. I think this is going to be great. I hope she has a wonderful day. I just love her so so so so much. It's only been less then 2 hours and I already miss her. I can't wait to pick her up and find out how everything went. Here are a few pics of my beautiful big girl on her first day of school. I will try to update later to tell you all how it went!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my sweet little ba---I mean girl. She is so gorgeous!! I haven't seen her since last Friday, and she looks older to me. Is that a trick of the mind? I 'spose so. I knew all along she would love going to preschool since she's so outgoing and loves other kids. Hard on Mom, but not her!! Way to go BIG girl. I love you very very much!!!

Anonymous said...

She looks ready to go!!!! Good job mom (and dad), I think it will be great for all of you. You'll learn to cherish this time knowing she's well taken care and having fun. I can't wait till Friday when Cambree goes!!!!!!!! YIPPEE! Yes I know I'll feel empty for a moment or two. But I'll get over it- so much to do!
Becki

Andie said...

She looks so big! Abbie was always the same way (and Bethany now is, too) not a tear...ready to go. Andrew is a bit more timid (go figure, my boy is my sensitive one!!! :-))...anyway, I hope the day went wonderfully for her, and you!
Thanks for keeping up with dad and all the stuff going on. I really appreciate it!
Blessings-Andie

Anonymous said...

The pictures are priceless. I can't tell who is going up to steps the backpack is in the way.haha I'm so glad she enjoyed the school scene-before you know it you'll be saying is there room for Vanessa in that back pack. Did I ever tell you that you have a wonderful mom yourself. She did turn out alright (don't tell your mom I said that) I do love her so. Glad you got the new car I hope to see it soon (maybe Vanessa will be in it) haha. kisses and hugs to you all marilyn