Sunday, October 21, 2007

***I wrote this last night and for some reason didn't publish it. Sorry Michelle!!!!

Since my blog has been a bit boring lately, I will try to spice it up some tonight. It is just going to be a recap of our busy weekend, so don't get too excited.

On Friday my mom watched Vanessa for the first time overnight. She took both girls home with her after a trip to the mall and Wal-Mart so Larry and I could go to an early halloween party at my friends house. I did pretty well saying goodbye, but this was my first time away from Ness for more than 30 minutes. It was kind of hard. I have no worries about Natalie out there. She loves to be with her Nana and Papa. I'm sure Vanessa does too. Why wouldn't they? They just get spoiled rotten the whole time!!


So, Larry and I went to the party. It was pretty fun and I got a little tipsy. I have not even so much as thought of drinking much since before Vanessa was even considerd, so one vodka shot, one jager bomb, and 3 or 5 Pucker and Sprites later I was feeling no pain! It was fun letting loose and being "young"again. My mind kept going back to my kiddos, but since I knew they were fine, and if they weren't my mom would call, I was able to relax and enjoy myself.


Sometimes I forget I am only 27 years old. I am a wife and, above all, a mother, so I mostly do grown up things, like grocery shopping, and changing poopy diapers. But really, it was not all that long ago that I was going dancing every weekend and having my own big parties. There is definately that part of me that still wants to feel youthful, spontanious, and crazy. Most of the time I keep it smothered down deep, but once in a while I just gotta let it out! Friday was a nice release of sorts. But I still really missed my girls. I always think I am going to get this great, full night of sleep when my mom babysits. And I always keep waking up when I would normally if they were here. It really sucks! I wake up and then think angrily to myself, "go back to sleep you idiot! You don't hear anybody crying! You don't have to feed anyone a bottle! You don't even have to get up just to cover anyone up and make sure they are stil breathing! JUST SLEEP!!!!" So, getting back to sleep after that is not easy. The only really great thing is that I don't have to actually get out of bed until I want to. I can just lay there and be still. And quiet. And it's really, really nice.



Ok, this got kind of long so I will continue the weekend recap tomorrow. I am feeling wordy (Is that a word?) so this could go on a while. And I'm tired. I have grown up things to do tomorrow like take Natalie to school and run family "errands".

Back to reality.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I so know what you mean. I was reading your blog and was like. "yep...yep..." They are so worth it, but sometimes I feel so old when all my days are bottles, diapers and spit up.
It really is nice to get away everyonce in awhile.

Unknown said...

u went 2 a party? where was i? i want 2 party!!!! lmao=) thanks 4 coming over!!!!