Saturday, October 27, 2007

Only Natalie can get away with saying that!

***Last night, after we got home from a pretty stressful photo session at JC Penney's, Natalie and I were sitting together in the rocking chair. She had her arm draped across my stomach. Casually as can be she said, "Mama, do you have another baby in there?" I laughed and said no. She then patted my fat roll and said, "well, you have something in there!" Thanks sweetie. Nothing helps self esteem like your three-year-old telling it like it is!

In other news, Vanessa has learned to sit up by herself. She still occasionally tips over and that is pretty funny to watch. It's like slow motion and there she goes. But of course, now all she wants to do is sit! We have to be right beside her because of the whole tipping issue so we are doing a lot of sitting on the floor. I can't believe we are already hitting these big milestones. She has figured out how to get where she wants to go even though she is not technically crawling. I'm sure she will be before I know it. And then she will be walking and talking and well on her way to becoming a big girl. Where does the time go?

Not much else to talk about this morning. Vanessa didn't wake up during the night, but she got up before 7am. I don't know which I would rather have. I am just perpetually tired. I feel like if I had the chance I would spend the ENTIRE weekend in bed. Man that sounds tempting!!!! Too bad that our little world would fall apart if I did that. Larry is great at helping out, but when it comes to the girls, I am needed. I am the mom after all. And I guess that is how it should be.

Have a wonderful weekend.

0 comments: