Tuesday, October 2, 2007

sleep deprivation, bananas wearing pajamas, and baby food

First of all, I am back to not being able to post pictures. I swear, computers are a pain in my ass. A necessary one, but still a pain.

Now, on to our lives. Vanessa has not once slept through the night since she was born. That is 23 weeks, 5 1/2 months, of interupted sleep for yours truly. I usually don't mind all that much. I kind of like that alone time we have at night since we very rarely have any during the day. But, it is getting just a bit old. I am tired. Really, really, really tired. I am just drained. I know in my mind that I need to do things, like clean, but getting my body to corroporate is another matter completely. I fanatasize about sleeping until I am ready to get up, not just until I hear little girl voices calling for me. Not that I don't love those little girl voices dearly and would be crushed if I didn't hear them. I just need a little sleep. Please!!!!

Natalie is doing well. She is liking school and dance class. She brings home the cutest craft projects from school. She painted a paper pumpkin the other day and is beyond excited to hang it up with our halloween decorations. Speaking of halloween, Natalie is going as a fairy. Her costume is beautiful. Her Grandma and Aunt Lesley found it at a little shop on Douglas. It is going to be so much fun dressing her up pretty. Vanessa is going to be a little butterfly. Too cute! Anyway, Natalie has found a new obsession. We got her a couple "Bananas in Pajamas" videos at a garage sale a while ago. She is seriously going to wear them out. She LOVES them. I had never heard of them before, but as the title suggests, they are bananas wearing pajamas. I think it's wierd, but how can you argue with the true bond of a three year old and giant pieces of fruit in clothing?

We have officially started feeding baby food to Vanessa and she loves it. She screams at me between bites because I am not fast enough for her. So far we have given her sweet potatoes, green beans, peaches, and applesauce. She has loved everything and is great at the whole eating business. I remember having to ease Natalie into using a spoon and the new tastes. Vanessa didn't need any easing. She was a pro from the start! Hopefully she won't be as picky as Natalie when she grows up!

Other than that we have been busy, but have had a lot of fun. Hopefully I will get my computer problems staightened out and will be able to post some pics of the family reunion this weekend. I have some really cute ones! Now, on to rest a little bit!

2 comments:

Andie said...

5 1/2 months...oh you poor thing...I'm going on 41 months! Bethany is almost 3 1/2 YEARS old and still doesn't sleep through the night! Here it is 2:30 in the morning and I've just rubbed her back for the past 15 minutes trying to convince her that she really CAN sleep in her own bed, ALONE! She usually doesn't even ask permission to crawl up in my bed anymore, just crawls on up and snuggles in. I don't even know she's there until I'm so squished between her and Warren (and my arm is asleep from her using it as her pillow) that I can hardly breath! I'm trying really hard to wake up when she joins us so that I can take her back to her own bed. But then (NOW) I can't go back to sleep! AHHHHH!
I totally hear you on the sleep deprived thing! I feel your pain.
We've watched the Banana's in Pajamas a few times. We can check them out at the library...I agree, a bit creapy. :-)
Have a great week...try to get some sleep, Ok? I'm going to go try myself!
Blessings-Andie

Anonymous said...

Bananas in Pajamas are coming down the stairs bananas in pajamas are coming down in pairs..
bananas in pajamas are chasing teddy bears cause on tuedays they try to catch their man-o-wear......
lol...
Cant believe you never heard of them!! hahaha..