Monday, October 22, 2007

So I said I would finish recapping my weekend and here I am! Surprised? Me too!



Saturday night the family piled in the car and headed to El Dorado for a friend's wedding reception. Natalie had a fantastic time dancing. OK, her dancing is more like just running around in large circles, but at least she does it with rhythm!! We didn't stay for too long because it is a good 45 minute drive and we were ALL tired.
The reception was very low key and casual. None of the classic wedding type activities. There wasn't even a cake (and we had promised Natalie she could have some cake all day!). It was fun though, and what the bride and groom wanted so I guess that's all that matters really.
It was kind of weird because the guy getting married was my first ever "crush". He is the son of my parents friends and they live out of town. We would go out for the adults to party and the kids to play. I don't think he really ever noticed me, and I NEVER said anything about my crush. I was always too shy. He did write me a letter once a long, long, long time ago but I was to nervous to write him back. And then I was too embarrassed to apologize!
So now we are both married and happy. I guess fate really does know what it's doing. It is hard to realize that when you are young and want things NOW!

Vanessa is scooting herself around the living room and trying to get everything she is not supposed to have. All the while a big pile of her toys lay unplayed with on the blanket she is supposed to be staying on. Go figure! I guess I had better go stop her from chewing on my bra. At least it's clean!

0 comments: