Sunday, September 9, 2007

Updates

We've been one busy little family lately, and we are only going to get busier. Fall is such a busy season for us, but I am more than ready. Bring it on!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last Friday was Vanessa's 4 month doctor appointment, just a little late. She weighs 12 pounds, 13 ounces. She is doing really well and everything looked good. It was too funny though, she kept her feet up by her mouth the whole time he was examining her. I had to literally unfold her so he could check her tummy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Saturday we went up to Salina to the Rolling Hills Wildlife Adventure on a whim. We had a great time. They have a nice zoo, and a really cool museum. Natalie had a great time both places, but actually preferred the museum. She loves zoos, but we go often enough that they are not something "new". We had gone to the Sedgwick County zoo on Wednesday AND Thursday (it started raining on Wed before we were ready to leave so we went back the next day). I think we are all zooed out for a bit. At least for this week!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today was Nat's second day of school since last Monday was Labor Day. She had another good day according to Miss Katie. She made a neat palm tree picture and told me they read "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom". We have that book at home and read it sometimes, so she thought it was pretty cool that they were doing something at school that she did at home. When I went to pick her up I arrived a little early and watched her play on the playground for a bit. She is so cute, but I am worried about her being a loner. Three little girls were on one of the merry-go-rounds and instead of taking the fourth seat, Natalie got on another one all by herself. I am sure it is just her age and maybe a touch of shyness, but it still worries me. I am a mother....everything worries me. She did sit with some other kids when a teacher brought out some books and read to them outside. That was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. All these little kids around the teacher listening to Curious George. I am so glad she is in this program. I almost waited another year to put her in school, but now I think I would have regretted it if I did. I wish I would have gotten her in sooner truthfully. It really teaches her the social skills that can only be learned outside the house, when mommy is not around.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week is chalk full of fun. Tomorrow Natalie will spend the evening with her Grandparents while I go to our monthly girls night out with Mom and the gals. We are going to Pizztros (sp?) and I am excited to try something new. I would feel bad about not taking Natalie, but I know she will have so much more fun with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Lesley and all the dogs. Wednesday Mom, Nat, Ness and I are going to the fair. I am so excited. The fair has always kind of marked the beginning of the busy fall and winter seasons for my family. One day closer to Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and all the birthdays that are clustered into the next few months. Thursday is Natalie and her friend Alexis's first dance class. They are taking Tap, Ballet, and Jazz for Tots. Don't worry.....I won't be able to resist posting pictures I am sure. We are also going to my grandparents for a dinner and dance Thursday night. A dance. Seriously. I told my mom I would go but I am absolutely positively NOT dancing. I can't even imagine how those very old people will dance, but it will probably be pretty cute....as long as I am sitting in a chair on the side!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, that's what's going on in our lives. Mom will be pissed that I didn't put any pics with this post, so "I'm sorry Mom, I will send you some soon. Promise!" Hope everyone else is having as much fun as we are here in Roatville.

1 comments:

Andie said...

Fall does seem to get busy, more and more each year! Abbie is doing Brownies and dance again this year. Bethany started preschool, and is now old enough for dance class, too. We haven't decided 100% if she gets to go or not, still thinking on it. Classes don't start till Oct here. Andrew doesn't have any activities, at this point. We would love for him to go to Karate or something like that, but we would have to drive to Garden City, and the gas alone would make that too expensive! I'm going to call a friend whose sons were inwrestling last year...though I'm not sure about that! Aaron wrestled all through Jr & Sr High, and I only went to ONE meet. A boy had his elbow dislocated and laid there screaming for 30 minutes till the ambulence took him away. I'm really not sure about letting my son do that!
Don't worry about Nat...at this age they play alone a lot. Even when they seem to be playing 'with' someone, it's usually just along-side, not with. It's called parallel play. When she gets a bit older she'll play with others...as she becomes more comfortable in her surroundings. Sounds like she's doing great! BTW, Andrew brought Chicka Chicka Boom Boom home as a library book tonight, what a coincidence! :-)
Blessings-Andie