Sunday, September 2, 2007

Dream On

I have been having the weirdest, most vivid dreams lately. It is kind of driving me crazy. I tend to dream more and remember them when my sleep is disrupted or I'm not getting enough. Vanessa is really good at making sure I'm not getting enough sleep! Last night she woke up laughing and giggling at 1:30 and stayed up until about 3:30. I will tell you I tried everything to get her back to sleep, but she was ready to play. I finally plopped her in her swing with her blanket and watched a movie (The Whole Nine Yards was on tv, I don't love that movie, but it's better then anything else on at that time in the morning). Then Natalie woke up every fifteen to twenty minutes for an hour and a half. I think she might have woke up when I was putting Vanessa back down and then couldn't get back to sleep right. And what do you do when that happens? Call for mama of course. I was bringing her drinks of water, covering and recovering her, making sure the moon was still outside, finding Mercedes, her Cabbage Patch baby that she sleeps with, and basically running back and forth between our rooms. So, when I did get to sleep I started dreaming crazy again. I mentioned yesterday I had a dream about my uncle. Last night I was dreaming about this mean girl I have not seen or even thought of since college. She was in every dream I had. Weird!! I really need some good, uninterrupted sleep. Try telling my kids that though.

1 comments:

Andie said...

Hey, dreaming is wierd. I don't remember a lot of my dreams, unless I'm pregnant! That is one clue for me that I might be preggo. When I found out I was pregnant with Andrew, I had heartburn one day (which I almost never get, unless I'm pregnant), and then that night I had lots of dreams. The next morning I took a test, already knowing it would be positive! I had no clues from a "cycle" being I hadn't had one since before Abbigail was born. CRAZY!
Here's to a better night's sleep...for us ALL!
Blessings-Andie