Monday, September 17, 2007

YUCK!!!!

The flu has invaded our house with a vengeance. And I can't tell you how gross it has been. It really all started Saturday with Vanessa. She puked 5 times. I couldn't believe it at first. She is only 20 weeks old, way too young to have the flu in my opinion. At first I tried to convince myself it was just a really bad spit-up episode. I actually believed that for about a minute. Then I could see she didn't feel good and was just a little warm. Then she exploded again. All over me each and every time. It was like she waited for me to be holding her and then let it go. I was so worried about her, I called the doctor Saturday evening. We took her off the bottle and just gave her some pedialite for the night and she finally stopped the puking. But then it started coming out the other end. Then Sunday afternoon, Natalie started up with the same thing. Two little girls just as sick and gross as could be. It was not a fun weekend to say the least. Natalie took it pretty well. (When she first started feeling yucky she asked me if there was a baby in her tummy. I guess throwing up will always be associated with pregnancy in this house thanks to me. I told her there was not and she asked if there would be. I told her that maybe when she got older. Then she asked if someone would put it there. I changed the subject!!!) They are both feeling better today, except they are still having "bathroom troubles". Now I feel like shit. I haven't thrown up and hopefully I won't, but I am drained and my tummy is in knots. Thankfully I made it through their worst days while I could still function properly. Now I am pretty useless. I have managed to keep them fed (although neither of them are eating that much), and relatively clean. I can't wait until 7:30 comes around...I could really use Larry here. Let's all just hope really hard that he doesn't get sick too. I really couldn't handle that right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All my poor girls. I wish I could make it all better. Anyway, I will be over after work and at least let you take a soothing bath. I love you all, and take care till I get there!! Love - MOM

Andie said...

Poor girl(s)!! It's so rotten when everyone gets sick. I remember Bethany got the stomach flue when she was only 5 months old. I had NEVER seen a baby puke, spit up...yes...puke, no. It was so pitiful.
I'm sorry you are dealing with this. If I were closer I'd make you a pot of chicken noodle soup. That's what I want whenever I'm sick. I always want "Grandma's soup"...and since I can't have it, I've learned to make my own. Not as good, but a good try. Last time I made it I even froze a bunch so the next time I'm sick I can just get it out of the freezer and have soup in no time, with no prepping (who wants to cook when they are sick???)
I hope all is well at your house soon.
Love ya-Andie