Friday, February 22, 2008

Back from hiatus

With Larry gone to Las Vegas this week I didn't have a lot of time to do much of anything, let alone get on the internet. But now he is back (YAY!!!) and I have a minute to sit down and post.

I can't even express how happy I am to have my husband back home. I missed him more than I thought I would. And it wasn't just about having help with the girls. It was just seeing him and having him there. I felt like everything was off somehow because I didn't have my best friend here with me.

I don't often give him a ton of credit for how much he does help me with our kids, but I will now. Even if it is just keeping one busy while I am handling the other. Bed time was HELL while he was gone. The routine we had flew out the window and was replaced with what can only be described as mass chaos. I would get Vanessa to sleep and then start getting Natalie to go to bed and Vanessa would wake back up. And then the other way around. And then no one would be asleep and mommy would be holding back the tears and silently cussing daddy for being in Vegas having a great time while I was stuck here with two tired, screaming kids. But we somehow got through it. The girls would finally go to sleep and I would pass out until Vanessa would wake up again 30 minutes later. Oh yeah, did I mention that she was teething and sick with a cold this week as well? Yeah. That made it so much harder. I have a new found respect for single moms.

I haven't really had an opportunity to miss him for a long time since we haven't been apart since we, well, since we met basically. It was kind of nice to feel like I was 21 again, missing him when I didn't see him for a day. I reminded me how much I am in love with him. It made me realize that no matter what is going on, I just really want him here with me. So that was good.

He brought home some great souvenirs for us. Natalie and Vanessa both got stuffed bears that are so cute. Apparently Larry made his dad and brothers drive all over UNLV campus to find the bookstore to get me a UNLV t-shirt. You know how obsessed I am with college basketball and he wanted to get me something from the college. Isn't that sweet? He really is a thoughtful guy when it comes to the people he loves. And he sure does love me! He brought home lots of other stuff too. He went overboard, but it definitely proves that he was thinking of us all the time he was out there.

I hadn't totally realized just how much the girls missed Larry until he was home. Natalie was a little slow to welcome him at the airport. She told me later she was tired and scared in front of everyone. But last night when we were all home together she was beside herself with happiness. She just wanted Daddy to play with her ALL the time! She even wanted him to put her to bed which doesn't happen all that often. He just kept assuring her that he was home now. I think she was worried he would leave again. I was talking to her and said that Daddy had to work Friday and then he would be off for the weekend. I thought she was going to have a heart attack. "Daddy is leaving again? How long will he be gone? Do I get to go this time?" It broke my heart hearing how scared she was that Daddy would be gone again. We both told her Daddy wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Hopefully we will be able to go on a family vacation in the future. I know we would all like that. We will just have to see how the money goes and wait for Larry to get some more vacation time. Then I would love to take the fam to Colorado. I love, love, love the mountains!! But for now I am just happy we are all together again!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Well I am glad he is back safe and sound. It is funny when they are there, if feels like they don't help much. But when they are gone, you realize the little things make a huge difference.

((Hugs))

Andie said...

I HATE it when Warren travels. I miss him so much, and like your other friend said, you don't realize how much they DO, until they aren't here.
I'm glad Larry made it home safe and sound...when do you get a girls' weekend away??? I'm going to my yearly "Pastor's wives" confrence this coming weekend, that's my weekend away. I'm taking my girls and dropping them off at Mom and Dad's so that Warren can spend the ENTIRE weekend with Andrew at his first ever wrestling tournament. I'm sorry I'm going to miss it, but I'm so looking forward to MY time! I've also started having a girls' night out every few months with some friends...really refreshes me!
Love ya-Andie