Friday, February 15, 2008

Yeah.

So. Here I am. And I'm still not sure what I'm going to write.

I have been hesitant, to say the least, about blogging. All of a sudden I am completely second guessing everything I want to say. It is so wierd. I write this blog knowing people read it. I tell people to read it. I beg people to read it. And then, when I realize people actually read it I totally freak out. I'm telling you, wierd. But I do want to thank those of you who do read this. I really do want you to. I promise. And if it makes you think or inspires a discusion or brings up a good point, well that's just icing on the cake, huh? (mmmmm...icing....) But don't worry. This is not going to turn into some kind of intellectual lecture. It will still be the same pointless drivel that it has always been. And thank god for that!

I am one of those nerds who likes to write rough drafts of my blogs in my head before I actually put finger to key. This usually happens at night when I am putting the girls to bed. I give Vanessa a bottle and the whole time I am thinking of new, inventive ways to call George W. Bush a douchebag the next day (well, I guess that answers the question of if I'm going to start editing my thoughts before blogging). I read Natalie "The Berenstein Bears Go To School" and all the while I am really thinking about how I am going to write something smart and witty when my day has consisted of nothing but poop and whining, (and really can you get any smarter or wittier than when you are talking about poop? I think not.). So you can imagine my inner dialoge the past few nights as I tried to get my kids to sleep. I thought about all kinds of posts I could make to go on with this blog and "make it work" (I love you Tim Gunn!). And I never could come up with anything that seemed appropriate. So I am just sitting and writing. If it seems a bit disjointed or rambling, well, that's me in a nut shell.

So, as Celine Dion once famously warbled "My Blog Will Go On"...or something like that. I invite you to read and comment. Actually, I demand it!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Loni, I agree with you totally when you are saying Bush is a douchebag!! You are right everything that happened us led us to two different worlds thru blogging. I am happy you are writing again!! I love reading it and your kids are adorable too!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... poop and whing. Well, glad I am not the only one with as my daily life lol. I am going through pictures of the kids for you right now. I have tons of little ryan...but Hailey didn't get very many professional ones done...because when she was 3 months old I spent $300 getting her pictures done...lol oops...So, I am gonna need to get some more photo paper over the weekend...and print them off...I gotta print a lot off for her scrapbook and baby book. So, ya I am going to finish going through the pictures...and I will probably bring them up to the lot within the next week...lol I have to make a pile for Bud & Lois also. Anywho...back to the picture sorting haha.
Brie

Andie said...

I'm so glad you are still blogging...I would have missed you terribly had you quit. Yes, people read it...and if they don't like what you say, noone's holding a gun to their head making them read it! That's what I think about my blog, either read it or don't, it's your choice. However, I love it when people do read it...and leave a comment!! My parents always tell me about things they read when we chat on the phone...come on people, hit the comment button, type "I was here" and then you can move on (unless you want to say more!!!) :0)

Blessings-Andie