Monday, February 4, 2008

Cause and Effect

Because it was a beautiful day with just the right amount of warm and breezy, I took Natalie and Vanessa to the zoo today after Nat got out of school.



Because someone forgot to put the stroller back in the trunk this weekend I had to spend the $8 and get one of the stollers at the zoo.



Because Vanessa rode in the stoller, Natalie actually rode in, and stayed in, the stoller almost the entire way through the zoo.



Because Natalie was sitting beside her showing her all the animals and telling her facts about each one (sample..."Bears are stinky."), Vanessa had the time of her life waving, pointing and clapping at them all.



Because the girls were extra good this trip we walked through the whole zoo instead of just the easy parts.



Because I forgot my camera I missed HUNDREDS of cute photo opportunities of my girls enjoying the zoo together for the first time that Vanessa didn't just sleep or cry through the whole thing.



Because gas is so expensive I didn't drive all the way home and get the camera like I initially wanted to.



Because we had such a wonderful time I am now extremely ready for spring and double pissed that it is going to be cold and snowy tomorrow.

3 comments:

Andie said...

I am SOOO ready for spring, but on the other hand, I could sure use a snow day tomorrow to get some sleep! Oh wait, I'm a mom...I don't get to sleep anymore...oh well.
Glad you had fun at the zoo...you'll go again and have another wonderful time, and next time you'll remember your camera! :-)
Blessings-Andie

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh don't you hate that? When ya forget your camera? I always remember it when I don't need it but the second I need or want it I left it at home. I will be welcoming Spring with big open arms. I think Hailey will enjoy the zoo much more now that she is older. Last time we went was like..October maybe...and she was asleep the entire time. Heh, can't wait to renew our zoo membership and we can all go...maybe have a little family day at the zoo. That'd be fun.
~Brie~

Sarah said...

Pictures would have been cute, but you guys will go again. I would like to go with ya too sometime. Taylor would love to see the zoo again now she is older.
;)