Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm being a baby today

I'm sorry I haven't been updating much. My computer is so screwed up. I need to get all my pics off and have Larry completely reset it. It takes for-ev-er to do anything on here. I am so sick of it.

I haven't really had a lot to say anyway. Life is back to normal around here...or as normal as it ever was. I'm still glad Larry is home. I am not ready to send him off again anytime soon. We are thinking about some kind of vacation for the two of us, but we still have lots of money/vacation time/what to do with the kids issues to sort out. It is still very much in the dream realm instead of the actually happening one. But, boy, could I use a break from everyday life. I love that I get to stay home with my kids, but it can be VERY tiring and stressful. I am so appreciative that I even have the option of being home. So many people have to go out and work and I know so many of them who just want to stay with their kiddos. I also know moms who like the fact that they work because it is actually a bit of an escape. That sounds worse than I mean it to. My attitude right now may stem from the fact that I have a very sassy 4-year-old and a very whiny, teething 10-month-old. They constantly need me. Even when I go to bed I have Natalie as close as she can get and Vanessa still wakes up 3-4 times a night for a bottle and to be held. I CANNOT get her to sleep through the night. Every morning I wake up and feel like crying because I am still so damn tired. I just want a little time away. I just want to be able to miss them for awhile.

I have more things to say floating around in my head, but Vanessa is trying to eat Natalie's leap pad and Natalie is having none of it. Great...now they are both crying. I need a nap.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Hang in there girl! I would love to stay home with my girl, but I do love that fact that I have missed her all day and she runs to me when I pick her up.

It will get better. And keep up the blogging as much as you can, I love to read it. I know it is hard and takes time.

((Hugs))

Unknown said...

I totally know where you are coming from. I am a stay at home mom too and sometimes I would like to just get away for one day. We all need break sometimes and my husband has to keep reminding me of that. Don't be afraid to ask for a break or take one. You deserve it!!

Liz said...

I have a GREAT vacation destination that is LOW bugdget, not too time consuming, and I guess if you really don't want to bring the kiddos (although my parents would be VERY upset with you)you wouldn't have to!!! Our new place has PLENTY of 'company' room! So there ya' go!!! Its only 3 hours away, the room/board is FREE and as I said kids are optional...but highly recommended! I love you and miss you more and more every day! XOXO

Anonymous said...

I love staying at home with my kids...of course Ryan's at school all day. I not only have them to cater to 24/7 I have the husband too. I think I'd be in shock if he cooked dinner or cleaned something (aside from his truck)...haha but that's okay.. I'm happy to do it. Ya I would really love to take a vacation with Ryan, the kids, and I to the Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City...Something that doesn't seem very expensive...and is kid friendly..

Andie said...

Oh, honey, I totally feel your pain. Warren and I talked about going somewhere alone for our 10th anniversary...we'e coming up on 12 and it still hasn't happened! Bethany was up almost all nigh, but I never crawled into her bed, and she never got into mine. I gave her three choices...1)sleep alone in her bed, 2) sleep on my floor with her pillow and blanket, or 3)sit in time-out in the living room if she chose to throw a temper tantrum. She chose option #2...but was awake about every 45 minutes trying to crawl into bed with me. Being the mean, heartless mom that I am, I would just say, NO, either your bed or the floor.
I totally need a break, too...and I finally get one this weekend! My yearly pastor's wives retreat...I'm dropping my girls off in Wichita with Mom & Dad and leaving for 28 hours!!! I so look forward to this!

Blessings-
Andie