Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bittersweet

We sold our Honda today. The Honda that was the first car we bought together. The Honda that brought my babies home from the hospital. The Honda that had almost 200,000 miles on it. The Honda that I loved.
It is a good thing because we are currently in the process of searching for a minivan and need some money to actually buy one. We got a little bit more than we were expecting to get, so we were happy about that. A guy from Eureka bought it and his wife is on her way into town to pick up the car and title.
It was such a good car. We didn't have to do much work on it in the years that we had it. It always got us to where we needed to go. The paint was peeling a little and there were a few little dents and dings, but overall it was still in great shape. But it was a standard and I have to tell ya, I love me an automatic now. But, anyway, I am going to miss that car. The same way I still miss my Dodge Shadow that saw me through college, meeting my future husband, and all the back and forth from Lawrence to Wichita to see said future husband. I get kind of attached to my cars if you can't tell.
I will miss you Honda, but I am so looking forward to having a whole third row of seating to haul around my gaggle of kiddos and all the stuff that comes along with them. Now, on to look for a minivan!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! We just sold Ryan's S10 for $3200, to a guy that Bud knows...that owns Easy Loan place on south broadway...We were hoping for $3500...but $3200 is still good! Now we can get his credit card paid off...and eventually we'll look for an SUV but, for now Im happy with my car...and we don't need anything bigger yet.

Unknown said...

Congrats!! Selling a car that has so many memories attached to it is hard. My hometown is Eureka, its such a small world!

Liz said...

I remember the shadow! Lots of memories for me too. Everytime I see one I think of you...although they are becoming few and far between now...

We'll be in the market for a minivan one of these days as well. I always swore that I'd never be a minivan kind of mom, but alas, I wish I had one at this point!

Andie said...

I didn't want to be a mini-van momma...but now that I have one, I LOVE IT!! It is so much easier to get kids in and out. I'm actually on my second van now! LOVE IT! Sometimes I don't like the "mom-look", but you do what you have to for your kids. If you have any questions about vans, bring them on, but I'm no expert, just have a few years experience on what works for me...
Can't wait to see you next week!

Blessings-Andie