Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Just stuff

First, thank you all for your comments about my odd neighbor situation. I feel better about my decision not to tell them now. I can only hope that the realtor did tell them about it and that it didn't change their minds. I agree with Liz that telling them straight off might have made me look like a gossip queen...which I kind of am...but they don't need to know that yet!!

In pregnancy news I feel like I'm in my first trimester all over again! Ever since my afternoon at the hospital I have thrown up every morning, I am so tired and run down, and I have to pee ALL THE TIME (that has a lot to do with the UTI though). I have felt the little goober move at least a little every day which calms my frazzled nerves a little. The medication I am on makes me feel oogie (yes, it's a word!) and there are times I just can't do much or I feel kind of faint and pukish (yes, that's a word too!). The girls have been pretty understanding overall. Last night I had the hamburger out to start the meatballs and just couldn't do it. As much as Natalie wanted spaghetti, she told me it was ok, that she would just have some chicken nuggets. She really can be a sweetie. So the girls had nuggets, bananas, and green beans for Ness, raw carrots and dip for Nat. Not the best dinner and certainly not the one I had planned, but sometimes that is just how things work out. We are going out to dinner with my mom and grandparents tonight so I am going to make the spaghetti for lunch today and the broccoli-cheese chicken tomorrow. It is all about adapting to the situation when you are a parent. I am slowly learning that still.

Quick congratulations to my friend Sam who had her baby on Saturday. His name is Aiden and he is just perfect! Natalie got to hold him yesterday and is now officially ready for a baby brother....NOW! Also, congratulations to my friend Carisa who became an aunt again this morning at 5am. The baby was kind of early and not expected to make his entrance until the end of July, but is fine except for being very small. He will have to stay at the hospital until the end of the month at least and I am sure that will be hard for all of them, but he just needs a little time to get bigger and stronger. YAY FOR BABIES!!!

.......................................
Recipe of the day(for those of you interested)

this is from the Campbell's cookbook and is so easy!
Broccoli-Cheese Chicken
1 tablespoon butter
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I cut them into strips)
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed broccoli cheese soup
2 cups fresh broccoli flowerets
1/3 cup water or milk (I use milk to make it creamier)
1/8 teaspoon pepper

-In skillet over medium-high heat, in hot butter, cook chicken 10 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove, set aside.
-In same skillet, combine soup, broccoli, milk and pepper. Heat to boiling. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low. Cover, cook 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and broccoli is tender, stirring often.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Broccoli chicken sound good! Yes... YAY for babies...I cannot wait to know what your having...It's all so exciting...lol luckily my baby fever is at bay. It's still there lol...but I don't wanna get preggo anytime soon lol then everyone would be like see we told ya so...we told you'd be next lol... There is nothing wrong with chicken nuggets for dinner...I make chicken nuggets for dinner a lot on days I am just too tired to make anything else.."Oogie"...lol. Don't you just love all the wonderful words that kids teach us? Well, I gotta go and wake Ryan up so he can take his truck in to be worked on...Best of luck with your sono and appt Thursday...=)
Brie

Anonymous said...

let me know how the supper out with gma and gpa goes. It is so great that you and the girls go up and see them and to take them out to dinner is super super great. I know they appreciate it. Memphis is hot but not as hot as it could be. we are at a RV park that has a big fire works display so I hope it is good because i'll be missing out "4th of July block party" at home with the kids/grkids. Michelle made 4th of July shirts for all the kids and sent Becki's kidss shirts to Maine. Have a good time tonight and tell your mom i love her. aunt marilyn

Unknown said...

That recipe sounds good!! Thanks for leaving me some love on my blog today!! The pics at the top of my blog I created using shutterfly studio. I just googled it, and downloaded it. ITS FREE!! And you can create all kinds of collages and stuff like that to print off or just to save as pictures!! Hope you feel better!! Oogie feeling isnt good!