Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm up for the challenge!

My friend Sarah at The Denny Daily issued this challenge to all of us: come up with a list of 100 things about yourself that people might not know. I understand that there are some of you who read this that will probably know all of these things, but there are some that won't, so this is for you! After you read my list go make your own. They are fun to do and even more fun to read someone else's. I am looking forward to reading yours (leave a comment that you did one!).

1. I am obsessed with college basketball.
2. My favorite team is the Kansas Jayhawks.
3. My freshman year in college I went to every home game.
4. Including scrimmages and exhibitions.
5. We would camp out in groups for days before the game.
6. Roy Williams would bring us donuts.
7. On senior night I was able to sit on press row right on the court.
8. One of my favorite pictures of all time is of myself and Max Falkenstein (the long time radio announcer of the Hawks) taken that night.
9. From the beginning I said I wasn't having any kids after I turned 30.
10. My third and final child is due right around my 29th birthday.
11. I am VERY happy I am having another girl.
12. My girls sometimes drive me nuts.
13. There are days I don't want to be a stay-at-home-mom anymore.
14. I am overall very grateful that I get to be a SAHM.
15. But I wish I earned my own money.
16. My husband is much better with money than I am.
17. I am a sucker for garage sales.
18. I am a pack-rat.
19. I still wear some clothes that I wore in high school ten years ago.
20. I wish I could get rid of stuff.
21. But I always think I will regret parting with it.
22. I like to have stuff "just in case".
23. This is my husbands biggest gripe about me.
24. My house is cluttered because I won't get rid of stuff.
25. I wish it wasn't.
26. I wish my house was always clean enough that I didn't mind if people just stopped by.
27. It rarely is.
28. I love my house.
29. But wish we would finish all the remodeling things we want to do.
30. And I wish it had two more bedrooms.
31. And one more bathroom.
32. And the basement was finished for a playroom.
33. And it was in a different part of town.
34. But I really do love my house!
35. I am very close with my mom.
36. We talk multiple times a day.
37. I don't know what I would do without her.
38. That is a big reason I wouldn't want to move away from Wichita.
39. I still dream about moving somewhere else.
40. I would love to live in the mountains in Colorado.
41. Or on a lake in Minnesota.
42. But I hate driving in snow and ice, so those aren't great choices.
43. I loved my wedding.
44. Even though it was about a thousand degrees out.
45. My wedding dress is still the most beautiful one I have ever seen.
46. I would change a lot of the music, however.
47. I have craved cereal throughout every pregnancy.
48. My two favorite cereals are Raisin Bran and Fruity Pebbles.
49. I am lucky enough to have two best friends.
50. I met Liz approximately 9 years ago in college.
51. We lived in an apartment together for two years.
52. I met Carisa approximately 3 years ago when she moved in across the street.
53. I talk to her almost every day.
54. I hope I am friends with both of them forever.
55. I have known Sarah (the challenger) since she was born.
56. Our parents are best friends.
57. I was always envious of her courage.
58. I loved going out to her house for parties and get-togethers.
59. I miss seeing her and her sister.
60. But I am so thankful that we have reconnected through our blogs.
61. I am addicted to Reality TV.
62. My favorites are the Amazing Race and Project Runway.
63. When we lived in Lawrence, Larry would tape the Amazing Race and we would watch it when I got home from work.
64. I worked at Dillons through college.
65. I quit when I got pregnant with Natalie and was so sick.
66. I drink way to much pop.
67. I don't drink enough water.
68. I majored in magazine journalism at KU.
69. My favorite class was called Magazine Design.
70. For my final senior project I created a music magazine called Second Time Around.
71. I wish I would have focused more on it.
72. I was preoccupied with wedding plans (I got married two weeks after graduation).
73. I know I would take college more seriously at this age then I did at 18 to 22.
74. I have my diploma hanging on the wall.
75. I love to scrapbook.
76. I think I like it so much because it reminds me of designing magazine pages.
77. Scrapbooking is my creative outlet.
78. One of my favorite outings with my girls is to the library.
79. I am currently reading a book called, "Tip Off: How the 1984 NBA Draft Changed Basketball Forever".
80. I love to read.
81. I am proud that I have also instilled that love of reading in my kids.
82. I read at least three books to Natalie every night before bed.
83. I can't wait until Vanessa will sit still enough to join us.
84. Vanessa's smile melts my heart.
85. Natalie's giggle also melts my heart.
86. I can't wait until 7 each day when Larry gets off of work.
87. I would still rather hang out with him then anyone else.
88. He knows all my deep, dark secrets.
89. He can make me laugh like no one else.
90. I feel lucky to have the in laws that I do.
91. I feel lucky to have the family I do.
92. I feel lucky to have the life that I do.
93. I have thought extensively about how I will spend the money when I win the lottery.
94. I wish we had the means to travel more.
95. I am already planning next years vacation.
96. I wish we could go to the lake this weekend.
97. I wish the weather would cool down a little.
98. I started this list last night and then had to continue it this morning.
99. I have a lot to do today.
100. I am happy.




5 comments:

Sarah said...

I loved reading this. You said some sweet things about me. I miss you too. I am very glad we have reconnected through our blogs!

Have a great weekend. We will take a dip in the lake for you guys. ;)

Jaime said...

First of all, I'd be proud if I could still fit into my clothes from h.s. I can't do that now & don't have kids yet :( Also, you & my bf would probably be bff's. He's a b-ball fanatic & coach & when I meet all of his KU friends I've never heard of everyone else is amazed he knows these people. I'm trying to care more about b-ball. Hopefully, some day I will, probably when it's paying the bills ;)

Anonymous said...

A lot of this I didn't know. So where are ya'll heading for your next vacation? I think I am going to do this on my myspace =)
Brie

Liz said...

i love you so much! in fact, i'm going to call you right now and tell you that! xoxo

Liz said...

dammit...you're not home... :-(