Monday, July 21, 2008

Little bits of weekend

--The highlight of the weekend was probably when Larry felt the baby move for the first time. Just like with the first two pregnancies, I told him the baby was moving quite a bit and he came over and put his hand on my tummy. "I can only feel you breathing." So I held my breath. I kept feeling her move around on my lower right side. I kept telling him his hand was too far left and too high. And all of a sudden she kicked (or punched) right where his hand was. We were both surprised and he said, "I felt THAT!" It was like a special little kick just for him. Already a daddy's girl!!

--The heartburn is back. I HATE heartburn. At least it is not the all the time kind...yet. Right now it is just everytime I take a bite of food or a drink it feels kind of like I might urp up flames. Fun fun. So I am back to my love affair with smooth disolve tums.

--Larry surprised us with a trip to the zoo on Sunday. He told us to get ready to go and I figured we were just going out to lunch. So when we ended up at the zoo we were all happy. Except since I didn't know that was where we were going I didn't bring the sunscreen or the camera. We kept the girls in the shade and protected from the worst of the sun. My shoulders, however, got a little burned. But that is better then the girls precious little skin. I did miss many photo ops with Daddy and the girls, but like he said, there will be other times. Yeah, I guess so.

--My sweet husband also had another surprise for me. For the longest time I have hinted and joked that I wanted a Cricut machine (it is a small computer like thing that cuts out shapes and letters for scrapbooking). I have been casually looking for good deals or sales but never really found any. They can be pretty expensive. So one night he was teasing me about it and all of a sudden he said, "Well you will get your stupid Cricut soon." WHAT?!?! He found a good deal for a new in the box machine on ebay and bought it for me. I was so surprised! It was not only sweet that he bought me a Cricut, but just how he did it...as a complete surprise! It came in the mail today and I can't wait to play with it!!

So, that's about it. It was one of those weekends that you wish would never end. I just love my family so much. We have such a good time together. Now I just can't wait until next weekend!

2 comments:

Andie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend...I bought a "travel size" sunscreen that I keep in my GIGANTIC purse for just such occasions!
Have a good week-
Andie

Anonymous said...

We need to go to the zoo more often. It's been sooo hot lately though. Maybe I can drag Ryan out there tomorrow, LOL. We've been looking at going to that zoo in Goddard www.twpark.com have you ever been there? You get $2 off if you're a SCZ member!
Brie