Sunday, August 3, 2008

Party! Party!

I'm hot. Really, really hot. This weekend was a blast, and we did lots of great things, but I could have done with a little less of the scorching heat. I would take 90s at this point...just nothing above 100.


Friday night was my Uncle Terry's and Aunt Barb's 40th wedding anniversary. They had a party at Sedgwick County Park (in an air conditioned building, thank god). My Uncle Terry has had a pretty hard year health wise, but is doing fabulously now. I am so proud of his work to get back on his feet (quite literally). My Aunt Barb has been by his side the entire time, and he has even said that without her he wouldn't be here any more. What more can anybody want from life than that one person that makes you want to keep going? Isn't that the epitome of great love?


It was a really nice party. Most of my extended family was there. Actually, I think all but 2 of the 12 cousins were there. And one just had a baby that morning...so she had a pretty good excuse. Natalie played with the kids, of course. She had such a great time, she really didn't want to leave. But she was given the go-ahead to take home a balloon, so that made going a little easier. Here is a picture I stole from my cousin's blog. (I am horrified by how pregnant I already look! I am only 24 weeks!) These are all but one of the girl cousins in my family.

Saturday we had another party to go to! This one was a summer bash for the kiddos at my neighbor (and friends) house. It was hot out, but they set up a little swimming pool, a slip-n-slide, and a jumpy house thing. The kids didn't notice the 100 degree heat at all! They all played and dumped buckets of water on each other until they were exhausted. There was even an impromptu water balloon fight. Truth is, though, that that had more to do with the dads then the kids. But seeing someone not expecting it get soaked with a flying water balloon never gets old, does it? I have to admit I laughed....and held the camera and Vanessa firmly in front of me at all times! They wouldn't ruin my camera or hit my baby, would they? I think not.


Again, my kids had a great time. Natalie got to play with all her best friends. She hardly took the time to sit down and eat. Luckily, I knew she couldn't resist classic pasta salad so that is what I brought. She slowly had two plates of it as she ran back to me from various fun activities infinitely more important than fueling her body. I completely understood. But the food was really good and the company even better. Here are a few pics from the event. As you can probably tell, I didn't get many good pictures of Nat...she just wouldn't stay still enough!


2 comments:

Liz said...

looks like the girls had a great time! your look great! what an exciting weekend. give me a call when you get a chance!

Andie said...

At least you ARE pregnant...my BABY is 4 years old! What's my excuse?? :o) It was wonderful to see you!!!

Love ya-Andie