Friday, August 15, 2008

On a positive note

It is Friday (THANK GOD) and I am really, really trying to think more positively today. That means no boo-hoo post about how bad bedtime and nighttime went (although I could crank another one out today). Today it is just the good things!

*We figured out that Vanessa's crib mattress could be lowered another two whole notches, which hopefully means no more daredevil climbing antics from our tiny little gymnast.

*When Natalie woke up this morning Vanessa and I went in to greet her and we all climbed under the blankets and cuddled and laughed.

*Little BabyGirlThree is movin' and kickin' in there. The flutters of last month have turned into full fledged beat downs inside my uterus. I woke up early this morning because I do believe she was recreating Shawn Johnson's floor routine in there. This is my favorite thing about pregnancy. I just feel so connected with the baby, just her and I know what's going on in there!

*My wonderful (and brave) Mom is taking the girls to spend the night tonight. While I will worry the entire time about how they are treating her and how bedtime will go, I will TRY to relax and enjoy a night with just my hubby and I. I'm not sure if we are doing anything special or just hanging out here at home. I don't even care at this point. I just think we need some "us" time.

*Still loving the Olympics! It makes the nights when Vanessa stays up till forever a lot more bearable. At least there is something good to watch! I loved gymnastics last night...way to go USA!

*My Mom just called and her doctor's appointment went GREAT!! There was a tiny bit of concern, but it all came out fine and she is in good health!

So there you have it. My own little ray of sunshine all over your computer screen. And you know, it made me feel a little better. It is hard to be unhappy when you think of all the good things going on in your life. It all could be so much worse! Thanks for hanging in there with me. I have no doubt next week is going to be a better one. Thank you all for your advice and kind words. You have no idea what it means to me to have such great friends and family. I am one lucky girl....I just need to remember that when I don't feel all that lucky.
Now, off to the doctor's to take my glucose test!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glucose tests... Oh what fun! NOT!! I couldn't even keep the stuff down long enough with ryan to get the test I had to come back again... With Hailey they had a new drink...(a diff doc 2) and it wasn't "too bad". I just hated the waiting there part bc I had nothing to do but text people lol. I watched that Gymnastics last night too while flipping through channels Hailey had just went to sleep a little before that.

Andie said...

I remember that AWEFUL orange drink! ICK! Hope your test went great, and that you had a good night with just the two of you (I can't remember having a night JUST THE TWO OF US since Andrew was a baby...6 years ago! BOO HOOO! My turn to cry! Did you sleep??? ;o)

Love ya-Andie

Andie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

ok, i'm the wierd one who LOVED the orange drink! lol I even craved it after taking it with Makenna. Stupid pregnancy cravings! Hope it went well! I want to talk to you this week at some point! its my ONLY goal for the week. love you!