Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Finally getting my money's worth

For years now General Mills has been making a killing off me. They probably have a golden plaque hanging in their office with me and my girls smiling, holding our favorite boxes of cereal, and throwing money into the air. I wouldn't doubt it.

So, one of the most frivolous ways we send our money to General Mills is our endless purchases of Lucky Charms. Because seriously, all Natalie wants are those little pieces of colorful, sugary marshmallows. She could care less about the actual cereal pieces, those just get in the way. And the marshmallows that come in Lucky Charms are NOT the same as marshmallows you can buy bagged...for cheaper...without any annoying grains. So, with empty promises from my four-year-old that this time she will eat all of the cereal, I buy the mega size box and end up throwing away enough cereal to feed a not-so-small country. I feel so wasteful.

So, this morning Natalie was fishing through her bowl and munching on her marshmallows when Vanessa wandered up. She had already had her mini pancakes for breakfast, but apparently she was still hungry. She dug her hands into Nat's cereal bowl and came up with a handful of the leftover cereal. She started eating it...and loved it! So I had Natalie giving her the pieces of cereal while she ate the marshmallows and when they were all done there was hardly any waste!
HA HA General Mills!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's trickin em, Nessa!! Of course, disregarding fruit, have you found anything that child won't eat? She is amazing!! I just realized that I didn't hit publish after leaving a comment on the last blog before this one, so I am going to try to recreate it. Here goes............
I sure missed you at the lake, but realized that it would not have been good for you or the girls to be in that heat. I would have worried about you had you been there. I'm really glad that you had a good time at your parties. It was so sweet of you to represent our family at Terry and Barb's anniversary party. I am so proud and happy that you are my daughter. I love you, Honey!! MOM.

Sarah said...

You crack me up. Ha Ha General Mills. ;)