Thursday, August 28, 2008

"It's Real Life" - How I Roll



******************
One of the blogs that I check, and enjoy, daily has a challenge of sorts every Thursday. It is called "It's Real Life" and the objective is to take pictures of that weeks theme without preparing for the pics. That means no cleaning or arranging. This theme this week is "How I Roll", which, of course means I had to take some pictures of my Mama Van. It took everything I had to NOT pick up the various trash and toys that litter the floor of my big red minivan. But I didn't, I just took the pics and will now post them with some embarrassment. Be kind.
***************

I will start in the front. Notice the bead necklaces hanging from the rear-view mirror. Nat made those in Children's Day Out for me. I think they really add that finishing touch that leaves no room for questions....I am a Minivan Mom. The big blue sign of Natalie's name on the seat is to put in the window when I pick her up from Pre-K. The cardboard drink holder on the floor is from Wendy's.
************************
Now for the middle row. I have found that as a rule I must always have a couple of dolls on hand wherever we go. That is just how it is when you have two little girls. That is Nat's Tinkerbell backpack. I find it easier if I just leave it in the van so we don't ever forget it. I empty it when she gets in from school, take in various notes and projects, and leave the bag.
*******************************
Here, in the back row, under Natalie's seat are her school shoes and socks which came off before we even got out of the school parking lot. My kids are much happier with bare feet. They get that from me.
****************************

The necessities...extra napkins and a few packages of club crackers. Oh, and the car insurance and registration stuff.
**************************

The back window. I have been asking Larry to put this on my car since Christmas (yes, I could have done it myself I am sure, but it was the principle of the thing). I am glad he didn't put it on my old car because now it is on my van and the reds match so well, don't you think?!? I also have a chrome Jayhawk to put on the back and I am going to get a front license plate that says KU Alumni also. It will be all Jayhawked out!

*************

So there you have it. It is not as bad as it could be (or has been), but I would still like to keep it a bit cleaner. I can't wait to see everyone elses rides!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, this is cute and your van really isn't that bad! I will have to do this too. I promise I won't clean things up!

Unknown said...

We are happier barefoot too!

I wish my van were red--only we're ISU fans ;-) But I'll still play with you. :-P

Love how you roll!

Liz said...

Ok, all I notice is how close your seat is to the sterring wheel...lol I love you and miss you so much and I can't wait to see the mini van! xoxo

tiarastantrums said...

yep, we always have shoes and socks off as fast as we enter!!

Cheryl Lage said...

We have shoe-kickers, too! ;)
(But our floor was shoe-free this week! ;) )

Anonymous said...

LOL you think that's dirty? Your van is spotless compared to my car! I have trash from random stuff, sand (from Hailey's playdate), old french fries, might have some toys hidden in there, clothes maybe...It's a mess...but I need to clean it big time... since Ryan and I may be looking for a new car in a few months..
Brie

gina said...

The red does match well. We somehow end up with a collection of shoes and socks on our van as well. And toys. And used tissue, well technically tp because I don't splurge on actual tissues. ;)

Mandy said...

Great pics! Can't wait to see pics of your baby!