Friday, August 8, 2008

Updates from the Doc

Yesterday was my 25-week doctor's appointment. My wonderful cousin Michelle watched the girls for me (thank you so much Michelle). The appointment went well, everything is looking good. She had looked at the ultrasound and everything looks like it is there where it should be! Baby is still a girl! The only thing that is changing is my due date....maybe. Right now we are still sticking with November 21st as my official date, but the ultrasound estimated it at November 15th, and I am measuring (from the outside) at 27 weeks instead of 25. So maybe we will be seeing this baby a little earlier than expected. Well, not than I expected, because I have thought my due date should be a little earlier from the start. I kinda know when this all happened! We are going to measure again next appointment and maybe do another sono to get a more accurate picture of when she might debut. The other thing I learned is that my placenta is in the front of my uterus (I know, too much info!) which accounts for the fact that I haven't been able to feel this baby move as much as I did the other two. This has worried me for a while, so it was nice to find out why. The placenta is actually acting as a cushion to my baby's elbows and knees. I still feel her straight up and straight down, and I am starting to feel her more in the front as she gets stronger and bigger.

4 comments:

Liz said...

how exciting! i can't wait to meet her! xoxo

Sarah said...

Let hope she doesn't start kicking your back. ;)

November is right around the corner. She might even be born on your birthday. How fun!!!

Anonymous said...

That would be the best birthday gift =). So, glad to hear she's doing well. Can't wait for her to get here. I love getting new nieces! =)
Brie

Andie said...

What good news! How exciting! Can't wait to meet her! Glad everything is going so well...and it is reassuring to know why you don't feel her as much as the otherr two.
Blessings-Andie

PS...Andrew was born on Nov. 15...he'd think that was an awesome birthday gift!