Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sniff, Sniff, Cough

My poor baby Natalie is sick. She has had the sniffles since this weekend, but nothing really bad. Then last night she came and climbed into my lap, snuggled into my shirt, and said those words that I dread, "Mama, I don't feel very great." That is when you know Natalie is sick. I could feel her warmth through my shirt so we got the forehead thermometer and sure enough, 101.3. She started coughing so much that I thought she was going to throw up on multiple occasions. At one point I asked her what hurt exactly and she thought for a minute and came up with this answer: "I feel like I ate a big yucky burrito and it was too spicy and now my nose is sick." OK? So we are dealing with a lot of snot, a sore throat, and a hacking cough. I called her in from school this morning. I hate when she misses anything. And tonight is her preschool's open house. If she is feeling better and the fever is gone I might take her, but I have a feeling she is going to miss it. She was so excited about showing her Nana and Papa and Grandma and Grandpa her school. Of course she gets sick today!
Right now she is laying in my bed watching a video while Vanessa gives her various things off the floor. I went in there a minute ago and Natalie had a pile consisting of a book, a purple stuffed unicorn, an empty bowl, a stray sock, and a ponytail holder. What a nice little sister! And what a nice big sister to act thrilled about these offerings from her baby sis! So I am off to administer a dose of medicine and as Natalie would say, "tuck her up" in the blankets. Hopefully she will get some rest and this bug will pass quickly (but hopefully not on to the rest of us).

1 comments:

Liz said...

We have all been sick with that mix of crud for the past week. Hopefully she feels better soon and you all dont end up with it. Give hr a big hug from me!