Monday, September 15, 2008

yyyyaaaawwwwnnnnnn

You know how early in a pregnancy you go through a very tired, run down sort of phase? That time where you just don't have one ounce of energy even though you slept all night. And then you transition into a phase that is more about eating anything and everything you see and you are no longer as exhausted as you were. Yeah, I've been through both of those. Now I just WANT TO SLEEP!! ALL THE TIME!! I am utterly exhausted. I can barely keep my eyes open. I laid down on Natalie's bed for five minutes and could barely bring myself to get back up. With the first pregnancy it wasn't that bad. I could always just go lay down for a while. With the second it got a little harder. Still, it was just me and Natalie and when she would lay down to rest or watch a movie, so could I. Now there are two little monsters running around the house, and believe me, they NEVER rest at the same time. It's like some kind of sisterly rule, "thou shall never be still at the same time". All I want to do right now is go lay in my bed right in front of a fan on high, curl up under the comforter, snuggle with my many pillows and sleep until I can't sleep any more (or, more likely, until I have to pee again). Even as I type my eyes keep wanting to close. It is taking all my will power to keep them open. So, if this post doesn't make any sense just blame it on my half-awake state. Yaaawwwnnn!!!

4 comments:

Liz said...

I feel your pain...only I'm not pregnant...I'm sick...with 2 kids and an extra durring the day. Try to get as much as you can. I know...easier said than done!
xoxo~Liz

Andie said...

At least you are pregnant...I blame mine on teaching again. Teaching was fine, before I had kiddos of my own to come home to. Now, when I come home I'd love to sit down and put my feet up for a while, instead I get to go outside and make sure noone gets hit by a car since we are all so into riding bikes right now. Then I have to figure out what is for supper.....you know the drill. Normal Mom stuff, but now teaching on top of all that is just about all I can do. I'm still planning on getting up early to work out, but just can't pull myself out of bed until I HAVE to! I'm trying to tell myself that I'll have more energy if I get up and work out, but I'm not buying it. :o(
On another topic...I'm coming to town this weekend, your mom told me the consignment sale is this weekend....would you like to go together? I won't get to town until late Friday night, and leave Saturday afternoon (I know, QUICK trip!)...but if you are going during the morning, maybe I can come with you!
Give me a call (if you don't have my number, email me!)
Now, go take a nap!
Blessings-Andie

Sarah said...

I wish you could sleep all day when you wanted. But that isn't an option. ;( The finish line is close, but I am not sure if sleep is at the finish either. But I guess you probably knew that.

Thinking of you.

tiarastantrums said...

have you had your blood work done - check your levels for thyroid - you may have something going on there. . .