Wednesday, October 8, 2008

33...nope...34 weeks!

I had a much better doctor appointment on Monday (if you remember my post about my last appointment you will know that it HAD to be better than that!). Everything was looking good...no urinary tract infections, normal blood pressure, ever growing abdomen...but I did mention that I had had quite a few minor contractions.

***Quick cute story*** We went to Wal Mart on Sunday and while walking through the store I had a contraction. I stopped, grabbed the cart, and gave an involuntary "Oh!". Natalie looked at me with great concern and said, "What Mom? Did you see a neat toy?"

Anyway, when I mentioned the contractions the doctor decided to do a quick exam to make sure they weren't doing anything. It turns out I am already dilating, and my cervix is thinning. With that info, the fact that I have consistently measured bigger than my 11-21 due date would suggest, and my insistence that I conceived very, very early in my cycle we moved the due date to the 14th of November. She even thinks we should go ahead and plan on that date to have the baby if she doesn't make an appearance before then. I go back in two weeks to get checked again and we will be able to make a better decision then. Let me tell you, I am not mad about this due date getting closer rather than farther away. I am ready to not be pregnant! Maybe not so ready to have another actual human being living in the house, but definitely ready to not be pregnant!
Another little tidbit from this appointment..I have been coughing so hard since I caught this horrible cold. I asked in half seriousness if anyone had ever coughed so hard they put themselves in to labor. I really thought she would laugh at me and say no. But, to my surprise, she said she had actually had a patient that had coughed so hard she broke her own water! She said that she was farther along and more "ready" for her water to break anyway so not to worry about it. Now every time I cough I think I am going to have to catch a newborn! Now THAT would be a story!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! That is soo exciting.. that you're getting so close to having the "baby girl three". I am assuming you have settled on a name, lol.. HAHA Natalie is sooo funny. Ya..so if you haven't heard I tested negative...so on to another month of trying.. I should be testing again around Halloween. lol.. Anywho, hope you enjoy your last few weeks being pregnant and are able to get plenty of rest!!!
Brie

Sarah said...

Cute Walmart story. ;)

I told you it was going to be around your birthday!! I can't wait to meet her.

Cheryl Lage said...

What a great story! Wishing you all the best as you prepare for that "really neat toy!" ;)

Andie said...

Oh...November 15 is the perfect day to have a baby...wait just one more and your little one can share her birthday with her cousin Andrew!!! I'm happy for you that things are moving up a bit sooner for you. I remember how hard those last few weeks are!
Just don't cough or sneeze too hard..that close to the end you might not break your water...but you might PEE yourself!! ;o)
Blessings dear one-
Andie