Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ouch. Now? Nope.

I am at that point in pregnancy where every little twitch and every little pain makes me think, "Maybe this is it!". Although it never is. At least it wasn't with my first two pregnancies, which both ended in inductions and threats that if BabyGirl didn't come out of my body right that second they would be grounded until they were at least eighteen.
I was fully expecting this mornings doctor's appointment to be a routine, "nothing's changed" kind of experience. Well, stuff has changed! I am dilated to a little over a two (not surprising considering this is my THIRD baby) and the baby has dropped VERY low (a surprise to all of us. Most women who have had babies before don't drop until labor is imminent). She hasn't been moving regularly lately so I was put on the monitor for a while. She took the opportunity to prove Mommy wrong and move and wiggle for the doctor. So everything is alright on that front. My blood pressure is holding steady and things are going well. Now we are just waiting. And waiting. I swear, the last month of pregnancy is both the longest and shortest period of time a woman will ever go through. Right now it seems like it might never end, but I have enough experience to know that in a few short weeks it will seem like it flew by.
Other than that we are in the midst of our busy week. Natalie has her craft class today at 2:30 then we will go try to squeeze in my work for the day and then it is out for dinner at El Mexico!Natalie is excited about her chance to indulge in her new found love of chips and salsa. Giant, messy, smothered pork and bean burrito here I come..even though I will pay for it later (thank God for tums)!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

OK your dinner just made me drool on my desk. Yummmmy.

So you are playing the waiting game. The time is going to fly by with all the stuff you are doing. Enjoy as much as you can mamma.

Liz said...

Terri (my SIL) said Sumo stretches is what threw her into labor...she was 3-4 & Jake was very low. So if you want to speed things along... lol. Can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

Wow time flies...can't believe its almost time! It's almost time for me to be testing again..anytime after November 3rd!! Hope things go easy for ya!
Brie