Tuesday, October 28, 2008

OK, I can finally talk about this....

Last Thursday was Vanessa's 18-month doctor's appointment. We were all hoping for at least a little weight gain. She was 18 pounds 5 ounces at her year appointment and on Thursday she weighed 18 pounds 6 ounces....with a wet diaper. The deal was we wouldn't worry about her growth until this point. Since she hadn't gained or grown any we were off to the lab for full blood work. It was awful! Vanessa hates the doctor doing ANYTHING...let alone taking blood from her tiny little veins. She cried and buried her face into my chest. I wanted to cry too, but I knew that would just make things that much worse. We were told the results would be in by Friday. I called Friday, no results. I called Monday, no results. I called today, no results!! I was getting a little pissed. Finally a few minutes ago the nurse called and the results had finally arrived. Her exact words were that they were "obscenely boring lab results". THANK GOD!!!! There is nothing wrong with my baby (well, that's debatable, but nothing medically at least)! She is teeny tiny, but very healthy. Sounds good to me.
On the pregnancy front...I still am. I am slowly dilating and she is still very low, but other than that there is no progress. Even though I am not even to my due date I feel like I'm going to be pregnant FOREVER! The doctor wants to strip my membranes next Tuesday to see if that spurs anything on. Fun fun. Come on out Allison! We are all incredibly anxious to meet you (especially your Mama and your biggest sister)!

5 comments:

Andie said...

ALLISON!!! I LOVE THAT NAME!!! I'm so glad to hear that little Nessa is just little. Abbigail was not even on the charts until she was 18 months old. And yet people said what a chubby baby she was!! Go figure!
Hey...I'm going to try to put a picture of the fabric I got for your sling on my blog...come see if you like it. Please be honest, I want you to love and use this...if you don't like the fabric I can always use it for someone else and get you some you will love! Also...in getting ready for my garage sale, I found my shopping cart cover that I used with Bethany. It is a really cute pink (dark pink) pattern with lots of bright colors. Do you have a shopping cart cover? Would you like this one? One other thing...I remember you worrying about Vanessa crawling out of the crib...I also found my "crib tent" which is to keep cats/dogs out of the crib and the baby in. I put it on the crib once before Abbie was even born but never used it. Want it??? Please don't feel like you HAVE to take any of these, just offering to you before I cart them off to good will.
Glad to know you are doing well...can't wait to hear about your little one's arrival!!
Blessings-Andie

Andie said...

You got it girl! I'll get some black fabric the next chance I have and make you an awesome sling wiht the pink flowery stuff as the trim and the pocket. I'll send both of them (the sling and the grocery cart cover) to you as soon as I can. Email me your addy so I can get them to you.
Andie

Liz said...

glad to hear that Vanessa is A-OK! She is such an aborable little munchkin! Can't wait to meet Allison and see you all again very soon!

Anonymous said...

Needless to say, I am one happy Nana today. Your Dad didn't even mind me being on the cell phone in the car when he found out what you'd called for. Now, on to new baby girl Allison and the Holidays!! Oh Joy!!! Love, Mom.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Allison =). Oh I had one of those crib tent things when Ryan was a baby... I should be testing the same day you go back to the doctor (tuesday ?)....so good luck to us both =). And, I am glad to hear that Vanessa is doing good...well I better get going..might go do some more early xmas shopping..
Brie