Monday, October 6, 2008

Tanganikya Wildlife Park

Even though, technically, I am still sick with whatever Natalie brought home from school we all felt well enough this weekend to have a little family fun. On Saturday we went out for a yummy lunch and then drove out to Goddard to go to the new Tanganikya Wildlife Park. It was fun (but expensive...at least for us people without a lot of extra money floating around). It was a windy day and we were told by more than one zookeeper that all the animals were exceptionally lazy for some reason, so maybe we didn't pick the very best day to be there! But Natalie had a great time feeding the lemur and the birds and both girls enjoyed watching the rest of the animals going about their day. There is still a lot of construction going on and I am anxious and curious to see what it will be like when they are done. Maybe then it won't seem so expensive! So....here are some pics from the day:
That's all for now, although I have a lot more to post on (Halloween decorating, a change in my due date, more cute pics of my kids...).

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I've been dieing to go there since I heard about it this Spring, but wondered if it was expensive. I'm cheap, so I probably won't venture out, but looks like you all had fun!!

Anonymous said...

I think you get a discount at that park with your Sedgwick County Zoo membership! So, what is your due date now?
Brie

Rebecca said...

Cuuuute pictures! Hope you're feeling better soon!