Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Food and the pregnant woman

I have gone through many phases in my eating habits during my pregnancies. There was a time when I was pregnant with Natalie that all I wanted was fried chicken. When I was carrying Vanessa all I wanted was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a while. Not long ago all I wanted, or could keep down for that matter, was frozen waffles (toasted and covered with syrup of course...and I am not even a big fan of syrup under normal circumstances). So why would it surprise me that I just got done eating an entire can of pineapple chunks while standing at the kitchen counter? My kids just looked at me while I shoveled in the yellow squares, only pausing to take a swig or two of Coke. And I am not proud of this, but I only asked if they wanted some after the can was gone (don't worry, they had just finished their afternoon snack of crackers, cheese, and mandarin oranges..it's not like I was starving them!). The sad part, I could eat some more!

7 comments:

Jaime said...

Hey, there's worse things you could be eating than fruit!

Be careful though. One time I snarfed down a can of pineapple & the all that acid burnt my tongue!

Anonymous said...

oh i love this story! im so glad i talked 2 u and got 2 hear it first hand....lmao :)

Liz said...

Pineapple & coke...X-( YUCK!!!
Gotta love the preggo cravings!

Sarah said...

I craved pink lemonade. I know the pink was all in my mind, but I loved the sour taste. Yummm.

Anonymous said...

lol a had a whole tomatoe phase and then came strawberries...lol

Anonymous said...

I wanted nothing but Ice cream and fried potatoes....at least pineapples are healthy!!!

Pam

Andie said...

With Abbie it was bananas with peanut butter on them! Andrew, started with apples and salads, then it went to Swiss Cake rolls (you know, Little Debby!), with Bethany it was doughnuts...anykind, anytime! But one day I wanted pinapple, NOW! But that was when we lived in Iowa, and the nearest grocery store was 20 miles away. Hubby wouldn't go get it for me! To this day, I ALWAYS have a can of pinapple in the pantry, just in case!! :o)
Love ya-Andie